nets 4-2

Reply #80881 | Report this post

Skyhook  
Years ago

1.Spurs 4-2
2.Suns 4-2
3.Pistons 4-1
4.Heat 4-1

1.Spurs need Duncan to keep firing, because offensively they have looked terrible at times. Can't see anyone stopping Tony Parker if his leg can heal up ok.

2.MVP - Steve Nash will be a match-up nightmare for the Clips . Marion will tear open the lanes and they will easily dispatch Cassel and friends. Only way i can see the Clips making it interesting is if Kaman and Brand go OFF! Suns arent big - so only hope they have is to dominate inside.

3.Pistons - too good . All positions. LeBron will get frustrated and have 3 players on his ass all series.He's not Michael Jordan yet - 24 pts in a rout is not a superstar performance. Look for Damon Jones (back from injury)to hit some big shots - Illgauskas to get lost again- not enough fire-power.

4.Who's gonna stop the Diesel ? When your best player (Carter) doesnt like to play much D and you come up against a team of All-Stars (past and present) you are gonna struggle. Look for Payton to step-up, he likes playing Jason Kidd. Haslem and Walker need to play well and Wade needs to get plenty of the ball down low against weaker defenders.

Reply #80882 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

for starters carter isnt the best player kidd is. He runs the team and anyone can see that. Carter would be the most talented player in the team. Why do people think that nets dont have a chance because they beat them 3-1 in the season. Jefferson and Nenad are other great players that can put points on the board.

Reply #80884 | Report this post

Mark Eaton  
Years ago

Mavs 4 - 3
Clippers 4 - 2
Pistons 4 - 1
Heat 4 - 3

Reply #80885 | Report this post

Hoop Addict  
Years ago

Mavs 4-3
Suns 4-2
Pistons 4-1
Nets 4-3

I think there are some great matchups in round 2. Plenty of questions to be answered. Can Dirk get his Mavs past the defending champs? Can the Clips slow the Suns down? How will LBJ go agaisnt the best team in the competition? Is Shaq able to play a full series at a high level, will J-Kidd snap out of his funk & can Carter maintain his high level of play from round 1?

Plenty to look forward to yet! After round 1 has been dubbed by some as "the greatest 1st round ever" can round 2 possibly top it?

Reply #80886 | Report this post

Bonz  
Years ago

Spurs 4-1
Suns 4-2
Pistons 4-1
Nets 4-3

Reply #80888 | Report this post

shaun  
Years ago

spurs 4-2
suns 4-1
Pistons 4-2
Heat 4-3

Reply #80891 | Report this post

Skyhook  
Years ago

Anonymous -(#80884)

Kidd is not the player he was a couple of years ago . Clearly, you are a Kidd fan, as am I, but Carter is by far the most important player on that team right now. He is in blistering form.

Reply #80915 | Report this post

Nuts  
Years ago

Skyhook

Carter is my fav player since he was with toronto. But ever barkley said that kidd was the most important part to the nets during the pacers series. I think it was round 36 points in one of the last games that Kidd helped with. But i understand about carter being in great from he is like in the top 5 for points, rebounds and steals i think. Isnt he also averaging around 38 points against heat this season. my point is that i think kidd is why the team is where they are now. He makes everyone better in his team. Here is a link that says it too. http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/story/415564p-351169c.html
Give me ur thoughts skyhook

Reply #80918 | Report this post

Skyhook  
Years ago

Nuts,

Kidd may be the heart- I do agree that perhaps the Nets would not have made it this far without him.

But if you look at my original post i said that Carter was their "best" player. I do not doubt that Kidd will get his usual double-double, but without Vince's 30 plus points/game in this series they will be sunk.

P.s I like Barkley as a commentator, i always watch TNT online.
I think youll find he agrees with me on the Mavs chances too. They will try and outscore their opponents, much like the Suns, and play little D.
As Barkley says in regards to their D- " Thassss terrible..Dallas wont win because teams that rebound well and play D win playoff finals "

I think youll find that Jefferson will be kept busy trying to keep D-Wade out of the lane . Which will lead to him drawing Shaq or Haslem/Mourning' man -- pass -- open man ---bucket !

Lets see how game one goes and review it from there.

Reply #80922 | Report this post

m dizzle  
Years ago

mavs 4-3
suns 4-1
pistons 4-0
heat 4-2

Reply #80923 | Report this post

Years ago

The Pistons won't triple team LeBron James. They won't even double team him. Tayshaun Prince will just haunt him the entire series. The Pistons will employ the tactic they just used on Michael Redd last series (which worked) and what the 'Bad Boy' teams of the late '80s used to do to Michael Jordan (which worked most of the time) - shut everyone else down, and if the superstar can beat them by themselves, then good luck to them.

They'll still be hospitable and bash James' head in every time he come's within 10 feet of the basket, just like they used to do to Jordan, but it won't be a big focus on James the whole time.

James will get his, but nobody else from the Cavs will, and therefore the Pistons will advance 4-0

Reply #80937 | Report this post

mr clutch  
Years ago

SA 4-2
clippers 4-3
pistons 4-0
heat 4-2

Reply #80938 | Report this post

m dizzle  
Years ago

The pistons did triple team Lebron today, and thrashed the cavs in the process.

Reply #80942 | Report this post

Skyhook  
Years ago

Beat me to it m_dizzle !!

Unless Donyell Marshall and Jones heats up again and torches the Pistons from outside the arc - i can see a few more very one-sided games coming to the Cavs. They just dont have a strong enough supporting cast . LeBron is the closest thing to superman out there, but his heroics wont be enough.

Reply #80944 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

Spurs v Mavs
Suns v Clippers
Pistons v Cavs
Heat v Nets

Spurs 4-3
Suns 4-2
Pistons 4-0
Heat 4-3

Reply #80958 | Report this post

Years ago

Spurs v Mavs
Suns v Clippers
Pistons v Cavs
Heat v Nets

Mavs 4 - 3
Suns 4 - 1
Pistons 4 - 1
Heat 4 - 2

Concern for the Pistons if they don't have a decent match before the Conference finals or even in the Conference finals.

Suns are on a roll but the Clippers will get one in LA.

Mavs will scrape through past a hot and cold Spurs team ... they are just not the same team they were a year ago.

Miami will lose away two games but will be too classy in the end.

Reply #80972 | Report this post

TC  
Years ago

Spurs v Mavs
Suns v Clippers
Pistons v Cavs
Heat v Nets

Spurs 4-2
Clippers 4-2
Pistons 4-1
Nets 4-3

Reply #81008 | Report this post

Fezlington  
Years ago

Mavs 4-2
Suns 4-3
Pistons 4-2
Nets 4-3

Reply #81056 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:03 am, Sun 21 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754