wak
Years ago

Funny '10 Reasons to Look Forward', from the NBL site ;)

From the NBL, reason number 2 of 10 to give the upcoming season a miss!

2. Smoker Time
Shane 'the Smoker' Heal makes his return to the Philips Championship after being lured out of the ugg boots by new team, the South Bogans. Heal is undoubtedly one of the most colourful pillow biters the NBL has ever had and his in-your-face attitude and penchant for telling it like he sees it makes him the hero to the mentally challenged and the villain to the rest. Whether you love him or loathe him, Heal's game is utterly predictable and his ability to score is due mainly to his inability to recognise that the other players in his team wear the same clothes as him, so the only option left is to throw the ball at the hoop, regardless of his position on the court. More explosive than sweaty TNT, he should learn this season that the locker rooms contain showers, and that the rest of the team don't just get naked for his personal viewing pleasure. His last season in the NBL saw him lead the Sydney Kings to their first-ever title. Can he do the same for the Dragons in their debut season? That depends if he is evicted from the big brother house, where he is masquerading as housmate Michael, in a familiar role, where he sabotages team game plans for his own personal glory.

Topic #7256 | Report this topic

hahahaha lol harsh words... i like it... :oP

Reply #81520 | Report this post

VC fan  
Years ago

LOL, wak, did u make that up yourself?

If so, give the man a basketball!!

Reply #81521 | Report this post

jimmy de bas  
Years ago

Hahaha, nice one.

Reply #81543 | Report this post

IzzyT  
Years ago

Finally, someone speaking on the terms I too also agree with.
Challenge Barkley & get a ride to the NBA.
Has there been a bigger hog than that of a man boy named Heal in the NBL?
Who is the one man who does not agree? Goorjian. How will their lives go on without being able to praise each other?
And to complete my agreeing tirade - My belief is Heal is the man that stopped Maher from being THE MAN! "Oh no this kid ain't going to better than me, I will sook to the coach" blah, blah, blah!
Raspberry Boos to the Heal!

Reply #81547 | Report this post

wak  
Years ago

I have to admit that a friend 'passed' this article on to me, so they should get the kudos for 'telling it like it is'.

I only found this article on the site when i went looking -

Reason number 2 of 10 to give the upcoming season a miss!

2. Tosser Time
Shane 'the Tosser' Heal makes his return to the Philips Championship after being lured out of retirement with falsities such as 'you are so great' and 'you are the bestest ever' by new team, the South Brag-ons. Heal is undoubtedly one of the most over-rated characters the NBL has ever had and his in-your-face attitude and penchant for telling it like he sees it really does divert your attention from what skill he doesn't have. Whether you love him or loathe him, Heal's game is universally respected (that is, in his own little universe) and his ability to score is more explosive than sweaty TNT, yet as effective as a hole in the head. His last season in the NBL saw him lead the Sydney Kings to their first-ever title, ending an unforgettable era of self indulgence, personal profiting, and ego stroking. Can he do the same for the Dragons in their debut season, where it seems their self promotion and self awe already match the precedent set by the Tosser himself.

Reply #81552 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

argument is that as juniors Heal, Andrew Parkinson and Simon Kerle all played for the one team. If you passed it any of the three in offence just hit the boards or run back for defence cause none of them would pass if their lives depended on it.

Reply #81951 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:16 pm, Tue 23 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754