Anonymous
Years ago

Locked: u16/18 state girls

enough on the boys wat about the girls....who are the players likely to make the teams?

Topic #7273 | Report this topic

???  
Years ago

who cares

Reply #81772 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

not sure about 16s

but surely for the 18s the following would be strong chances to make the team

North - Jodie, Jess Keller, Lauren Mansfield and Kirsty Williams

West - Gee, Sterrey and Porter

Norwood - Romeo

Sturt - McPhail, Hargraves

does anyone know is Cayla is playing for Metro or Country???

without her the U18s will be a blooody small side

Reply #81781 | Report this post

In the Know  
Years ago

Cayla is Country.

Reply #81790 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

they will be very short in the talls department after having years of that being their strength...too many guards/middle players, and not enough talls. Heard only 3 talls turned out to trials and one was div 2 girl from west..i know i have seen some decent talls in the U18 comp during friday night games..who are the talented, improving talls in the U18 age groups that are missing??

Reply #81792 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

what about the tall from woodville doing SASI

claire something ?? - shes be playing abl - currently o/s

Reply #81793 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

think Claire has a knee injury

the west girl i think is now in Div 1

there is another tall at west who has been playing well but didn't go out for state

Reply #81795 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I thnk i have seen the same girl, she is one that caught my eye when watching one game a while back. Tall and very athletic....?

Reply #81796 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What about the 16's ?????
A couple of Norwood girls, Phoebe Custance and Jordan Walker-Roberts (although jordan missed state champs through injury) should make the team, who else??

I'm thinking north and sturt will be well represented

Reply #81801 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

the other west girl is kate. very athletic but focussing on her athletics (javelin) i believe.

Reply #81831 | Report this post

Take Luck  
Years ago

claire had a knee reconstruction at easter

Reply #81835 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

that would be sad to see a talent wasted, did any of the state coaches or sasi coaches ever talk to her about her abilities etc?

Reply #81839 | Report this post

JaV_cRa-ZeH  
Years ago

I was at the game for west and that tall wun, I think it's well I don't really know, she was awesome. Great defense, best on court....what Do you all think?

Reply #81842 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

not supposed to talk about u16s by name on forum - house rule

Reply #81858 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i think are u16 girls are 15 points behind the vic offensively

defensively we are not too bad

however a lot of sturts strength in u16 is sa country girls so sa metro will be lacking

nmot the strongest group i've seen - they can play - but very prone to bad decisions and turn overs

Reply #81863 | Report this post

Anthony  
Years ago

U16 state girls could be awesome! Lots of sturt/north girls who played off for state champs final

Reply #81868 | Report this post

Anthony  
Years ago

U16 state country girls could be awesome! Lots of sturt/north girls who played off for state champs final

Reply #81869 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

sa country near beat sa metro u16 g last year (1 pt) - this year it may happen

Reply #81870 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I wonder how the 16 Metro girls will handle Wallis' abusive style of coaching.

Reply #81877 | Report this post

whateverdog  
Years ago

there is only 1 sturt girl left in the state metro squad and 5 country (one that has played div 2). Not to mentioin that 1 got left out who certainly should hve been in the team but maybe she is playing for the wrong club or from the wrong town!

Reply #81879 | Report this post

Steve  
Years ago

I watched most of the 16s in State Champs....three North Girls for sure. North has now got a tall from Norwood who is very good and strong. They will need her against the giant from Vic Metro. She has improved heaps since moving. The three State girls in North really showed out from all teams I noticed..pity they had a bad one in the final against Sturt.
Norwood will have two probably one is a cert just ask her..woodville has two, Forrestville has one as has Southern..the others is anyones guess.
Marc maybe abusive but he is a very good coach who apparently has the girls respect.

Reply #82006 | Report this post

Peter  
Years ago

Yes I totally agree with your thoughts. The North Girls the trio are very good. I noticed them in one game and they were awesome. They were good too watch. I was suppose to be watching my son on the other court but I was intirgued by these girls. The tall girl certainly has a big career ahead of her, she carved the opposition right up with her strong body....

Reply #82012 | Report this post

Sue  
Years ago

who are these girls you are talking about from North and the tall girl I knew as she moved from our club, she certainly has a great career. Will she get a State jumper

Reply #82013 | Report this post

Thread locked

This thread has been locked and replies are not permitted.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:11 am, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754