anon for now
Years ago

Coaching: How do I get started?

how and wat is the best way to get into serious coaching? im an ex player looking to get back into basketball somehow.

Topic #7278 | Report this topic

Nutwork  
Years ago

Just start hanging around kids at play grounds & shools & ask them if they want to be taught a thing or two.

Reply #81887 | Report this post

Rite  
Years ago

Start talking with your old club if you played at district level. If you only played at social, find your nearest club and have a word to them.

Reply #81889 | Report this post

BMG  
Years ago

I am amazed that after having a look around this forum that anyone would want to be a coach ;-)

I hope you have thick skin, you will need it.

Good luck

Reply #81890 | Report this post

brian goorjan  
Years ago

when you find out - let me know

Reply #81896 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

That's a little basketball for sure.

Reply #81898 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Nutwork, I hope you talking about basketball. People get locked up for hanging around schools and talking to kids.

Reply #81900 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Do these 3 things, and you will be fine:

1 - Buy a camera with a flash

2 - Learn "The Indian" offence

3 - Get tips from the opposition by listening to their huddle.

Reply #81904 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

and you can coach at Southern thedoctor? If you don't do well there you will get sacked over a big breakfast at McDonalds.

Reply #81905 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

open an account with advanced hair. I can give you one of my buy 4 treatments get one free to get you started.

Reply #81906 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

I'm not sure what you are referring to anon #81905

Reply #81907 | Report this post

Daniel  
Years ago

Yeah, I recently got into coaching by contacting my local district club - picked up a junior, lower div team. Then you have to earn your way up the ranks.

Reply #81941 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

schools are often on the look out for coaches to save having to get teachers - whose knowledge of the different sports may be limited - to do the job.

Reply #81964 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Both Sturt and Forestville would be happy to get any new coaches started in the City South Comp
Give them a ring or get some contacts of their web sites

Reply #82004 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Or go to south they take all the crap coaches around and give them a job.

Reply #82346 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:02 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754