2005-06 ALL-NBA THIRD TEAM:
Forward Shawn Marion, Phoenix Forward Carmelo Anthony, Denver
Center Yao Ming, Houston
Guard Allen Iverson, Philadelphia
Guard Gilbert Arenas, Washington

Topic #7301 | Report this topic

Hoop Addict  
Years ago

Is this the first time in Duncan's career he hasn't been on the All-NBA 1st team? I have a feeling it is.

Pretty tough group to crack (unless you're a centre...).

Some have said this has been Iverson's best individual year, but is only good enough for 3rd team. Gilbert averaged 29 & 6, led his team into the playoffs & only managed 3rd team. And Marion probably had the best year of his career, too. And it'd be hard to justify putting those guys ahead of the 1st & 2nd teamers.

Reply #82185 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Anyone else Surprised by Shaq getting into the first team? Or is it just a matter of no huge centre standouts?

Had Yao had a year like his second half, wouldn't he have made a good prospect for first team?

They could've run Dirk at C and put Brand in the first team at a pinch.

Talented league when you have Wade out of the starting five too.

Reply #82188 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What about Vince???

Reply #82191 | Report this post

Hoop Addict  
Years ago

Dirk plays too much forward to qualify as a C. If this were a *real* team, sure, you could chuck Dirk, Brand, whoever in at the 5 & be done with it. But Diop & Dampier would play 40+ mins a game combined at the 5 for Dallas & Kaman holds down the middle for the Clips.

Had Yao played all year, I think he'd have been 1st team. Certainly if he played it the way he played post All-Star break. I still think he had a better season than B. Wallace. Maybe Vince over Carmelo for a forward spot?

You could probably make a case for all 3 of the Nets stars. I still can't belive Kidd made 1st team All-Defensive.

Reply #82196 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Yes, Hoops Addict. First time in 9-year career he's missed the first team. Some kinda record.

Reply #82230 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

where is pierce, i know he is on a bad team but his game this year has been great.

Reply #82245 | Report this post

52-Cans  
Years ago

Iverson all NBA team 3? Yeh ok...

Reply #82249 | Report this post

Years ago

I am surprised that Ben Wallace isn't in the first team. I am surprised that Shawn Marion isn't in the second team. Once again that Elton Brand isn't in the first. What about Raja Bell for the third team?

Reply #82250 | Report this post

Where is Garnett??? Unbelievable

I agree with 31 Raja Bell should be in the list, possibly in the 1st team (I mean he did stop Kobe Bryant didnt he)

Reply #82253 | Report this post

The Hamma  
Years ago

agreed with ELG KG should have deffinatly been in one of the three i mean Duncan had a stinky year this year and he manages to pull the second team if i had my way i would replace Duncan with KG. it really seems to be a guard dominated this year with major tallent like AI in the third team and Kidd not getting a nod in any team not to mention that Jason Terry also got barred

Reply #82272 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:14 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754