skip
Years ago

Singapore Announcement Today

The name, colours, coach and some of the line up are expected to be announced today.

Is Lions still the popular choice? I think alot of the Hunter players will be announced as playing in Singapore. Davidson, Cullen, Helms and Trahair (That would be about club number 6 for Aaron) I think we will see today in whatever colours Singapore come up with.

Is anyone on here considering the option of heading over for the Opening game?

Topic #7351 | Report this topic

Sixers33  
Years ago

I would much rather they be called Lions then Slingers but www.singaporelions.com comes up with a website now that is not to do with the NBL.

Singaporeslingers.com is still 'coming soon'

Reply #82671 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

singaporepirates.com still goes to nbl.com.au

Reply #82672 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

I personally hope they have gone for something like Suns, or Sonics or even Heat.

Reply #82673 | Report this post

Hoop Addict  
Years ago

Skip - I think you'll find there are branding issues with names associated with NBA teams.

I believe this was the reason behind the Townsville Suns changing to Crocs.

Reply #82679 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

But then what about the Kings?
Ooops, Silly me.

Thats Sydney!

Reply #82680 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Kings may have grabbed that name before Sacramento registered in Australia?

Singaporepirates.com and Singaporelions.com are both registered to a guy in QLD. Singaporeslingers.com is registered to a woman working for Singapore Indoor Stadium - the team's home venue. Singaporeslings.com has been registered for 5 years to someone else. That suggests Slingers to me out of those options.

Reply #82685 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

I beleive it has already been leaked that former Razorbacks coach Gordon McLeod who is currently coaching the Wellington Saints in the NZNBL will the first coach of Singapore.

Reply #82692 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

you would presumme they will be red and white in colour as that is the colour of their flag.

Maybe the Singapore Stars?

Reply #82700 | Report this post

Ang Moh  
Years ago

Don't expect Andrew Vlahov to be be a huge supporter of the Singapore team, he's been working for years to produce a team in Asia, making all the contacts, setting up development programs only to watch Bob Turner walk in and shaft him on this deal.

On a brighter note, Singapore may have a point guard playing in this NBL team, although rumour has it he's actually got his sights set on the NBA.

Reply #82705 | Report this post

Libertine  
Years ago

Markovic
Mills
Gibson
\
??

Reply #82714 | Report this post

TK  
Years ago

Gordie Mcleod will be the coach. After Ian Stacker lost his job at Croc's he contacted Singapore and was told decission was made but not then public.

Reply #82715 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Pero Vasiljevic will sign.

Reply #82717 | Report this post

Ang Moh  
Years ago

Brad Davidson

Reply #82718 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Damn exciting team if you ask me!

Reply #82719 | Report this post

DDFan  
Years ago

Did they contact Don Monsoon, for a coaching spot? He would have stormed it in.

Reply #82808 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:48 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754