anon
Years ago

basketball instead of V8 Supercars

Now that channel 10 has lost the V8 supercars to channel 7 may be they will see value in promotion of basketball to a level they achieved with the v8's

Topic #7371 | Report this topic

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

Having read the press release and knowing some ins and outs of the TV deal I would not say that Ten lost the rites. More that AVESCO walked away from 10 as they could not deliver the product they expected...similar to what the NBL did to 7.

Channel Ten execs have stated they will never deal with the NBL again and in fact the reason they went to v8's in the first place was to replace the NBL coverage it gave up.

Reply #82922 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Management has most likely changed since then thought Kent. If I was to choose any station to take it up 10 would be it. Especially if they can get some NBA coverage to go along with it. The Basketball product suits the 10 target audience more than any other station and what other sport do 10 show in the Summer? I think when 10 stopped showing the NBL, it was partly because the NBL was strill being played in the Winter going up against the AFL.

Reply #82926 | Report this post

NBL insider  
Years ago

NBL should never have walked away from Channel 7. At the time, Kerry Stokes told the NBL he'd ensure they will never get back to free to air television in this country.

So far, he's been right....

Reply #82983 | Report this post

hurley  
Years ago

Its Bullshit.

Reply #83007 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:53 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754