hurley
Years ago

NBA TV EMAIL FOXTEL!

I have emailed foxtel about the NBA TV thing... I suggest that as well as emailing Draganic, and signing the petition to also email them at [email protected]

here is the one i wrote them bastar-dz

Hello,

Ive read in various places that there are talks of NBA TV, an exclusive NBA channel being set up for Foxtel before the start of the next NBA season. I was wondering whether this is true? and whether it is likely that it will happen? I think there is a massive untapped market for basketball in the country and a newly aroused interest in the NBA that foxtel should really capitalise on. The reason I have Foxtel is primarily for the basketball, both NBL and NBA, and I know this fact to be true for many other subscribers, If NBA TV channel were an option for us I could see alot of people subscribing to that channel even if it costs extra.

The Coordinator of International Programming NBA Entertainment Danijela Draganic has been sourcing interest from Australians both via her email and petition on whether an NBA TV channel down here is viable and the response thus far has been impressive. I truly hope Foxtel consider this, as you guys have a footy channel and lets face it, you dont really MISS OUT on football on Fox Sports 1, 2, FTA and Sports Tonight, laughs.

Also I'd like to also ask that the Australian Boomers Games in the upcoming FIBA World Championships of Basketball be shown on FOXTEL, this is the biggest event in Basketball and alot of Aussies are psyched to see it, please help us out! Its the biggest, most important event in the Basketball calendar... if you guys dont televise it yet show something stupid like NCAA Volleyball (as was shown instead of the most important game of recent playoffs) I would seriously consider terminating my subscription.

If someone at FOXTEL would like to contact Danijela (if you guys havent already been speaking) the email is [email protected] .

I hope that these things come to fruition and I would like to thank you for your time and otherwise great veiwing on FOXTEL

Peace

Hurley

Topic #7378 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

what about the full espn suite of channels, espn, espn 2, espn classic and espn news...

maybe even espn 8 the ocho!!!!

Reply #83015 | Report this post

hurley  
Years ago

lets face it free to air wont have Channel 2, 7, 9 10 SBS and NBA TV,... lol. not unless Footy Channels there first! what they are proposing is a FULL CHANNEL, not screening rights.

Reply #83019 | Report this post

Sixers33  
Years ago

hurley can you post when you get a response.

Even thought there has been LOTS of NBA TV stuff going on and could get a bit annoying, i think GREAT! Put pressure on Foxtel to get it.
Welldone Hurley and all that have e-mailed Foxtel, signed the petition or e-mailed NBA TV

Reply #83025 | Report this post

Sixers33  
Years ago

http://www.gaze.com.au/html/s02_article/article_view.asp?id=2368&nav_cat_id=-1&nav_top_id=-1&dsa=18

Reply #83029 | Report this post

hurley  
Years ago

Woah.... i mean i did like email almost EVERYONE i could think of,... its actually starting to get noticed! everyone! if we ALL do this who knows what we could do!

Reply #83033 | Report this post

hurley  
Years ago

Just emailed Basketball Australia,

got reply from Handle saying they have forwarded the issue to some people and i posted it at MSF....

got a reply from Chris Anstey he said "I'll get on to it. If anyone else out there would like to see more NBA games in Australia, I suggest you get onto it too. " sorry for taking your word Chris but iam no Journalist!

Reply #83034 | Report this post

hurley  
Years ago

Messaged the NBL,

Reply #83035 | Report this post

Skyhook  
Years ago

Did you seriously sign off "peace - hurley " ??

Im sure they took you seriously until that point.
Full marks for being pro-active though mate.
I hope it becomes viable.

Reply #83039 | Report this post

Sixers33  
Years ago

NBA TV televises 96 regular season games. Pretty good if we can get it huh?

How many does ESPN do?

Reply #83040 | Report this post

dane  
Years ago

u can now get nba tv on foxtel

Reply #129798 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

no, you can not.

Reply #129808 | Report this post

Tom  
Years ago

Hey fellas,
This whole movement to get NBA TV seems to have died.
Does anyone have any news on the matter?
Searching around I can't find anything within the last couple of years with any information regarding NBA TV in Australia.
We gotta regroup and get this happening, it has to be possible considering the countries that have access to NBA TV presently.

Reply #182840 | Report this post

dejan rico tolic  
Years ago

please can u help me get in contact with Danijela Draganic
my name is Dejan Rico Tolic
live in UK,lost friend
please if you can pass my mail
[email protected]
just pass my mail to Danijela
thank you
thank you
thank you

Reply #313332 | Report this post

Johnny Huett  
Years ago

Please do a story on Nick Weatherspoon

Reply #337706 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

I think the best company to contact re NBA TV would be iiNet to put it on Fetch TV along side the soccer clubs TV they now feature.

Reply #337714 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hey, espn's coverage of nba is poor. They show 3 games a week. If foxtel autralia had nba tv. You would get a lot more subscribes and people would view foxtel heaps more. Take this into consideration.

Reply #443116 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:08 pm, Thu 28 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754