Isaac
Years ago

MIX FM rumour that Dome land to become aged care

There was a rumour on MIX FM this morning that the Distinctive Homes Dome land is going to be turned into an aged care facility and hospice. The guy on MIX FM was a developer and said the wheels were already in motion for approvals, etc.

Now all these veteran signings make sense! ;)

Not sure which land this would apply to and how they'd deal with treatment of it, etc.

Topic #7385 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bo Isaac - pretty sure the land is owned by Charles Sturt Council.

Reply #83062 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

That's barely the start of the troubles, surely. Can't see how it would be all that viable, but I'm just reporting the rumour and making the old player joke.

Reply #83068 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It is my understanding that it can't occur as the land is not stable and has not been compacted and can't be compacted to allow it to be used for housing.

The stadium sits on four very large/deep concrete foundations, on which stands the metal structures that are visible from the outside of the stadium.

The stability of the land can be seen in the carpark, where there are lumps and humps everywhere.

Not an ideal place for housing just as the od Wingfield dump will never be built on.

Reply #83074 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Its gonna be an old folks home to cater for the players on this years roster.

Reply #83095 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

can see the oldies wizzing down the ramp in their wheelchairs.

Reply #83102 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

financially aged care or independent living type units would bring probably some of the best return to the land holders, pretty large demand for them in adelaide, especially in such a central location

Reply #83125 | Report this post

bball fan  
Years ago

Not sure if the rumour is linked and maybe gone a bit of course, but Distinctive Homes apparantely got the go ahead to built and old age residential facility in the 'city of marion' down south where that 40 million dollar upgrade is happening near hallett cove mall - it was in last weeks 'Marion Council' newspaper that goes down south, read it whilst waiting 4hrs at the Medical Centre with my daughter (just a short wait!!!)

Reply #83146 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

you dont think this is a joke about all the old players we have in the team.

Reply #83159 | Report this post

Brissy_Boy  
Years ago

I hear the 36ers are trying to sign D-Mac, Leroy Loggins, and Butch Hays. The sweetner is 'house and land package'.

Reply #83165 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:08 am, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754