Sam
Years ago

Oscars article on NBL site

Looks like the real reason he left was to do with coaching!
Interesting read

Topic #7390 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

Forman: Breakers will make Finals

"...the team we've got, we've got guys who are strong in every position and guys who are great role players."

"We'll make the play-offs, I can't see us missing the play-offs, and I think we've got a great shot if everything goes well of winning the championship," the former 36ers forward said.
Arrived home earlier today after a bit of a tour and a look at some accommodation options. Said he did some training sessions with Lemanis and Aaron Olson, that they were hard work but that, more than anything, is what he's there for.
"The coaching is the main reason I came over here."

"I'm 24 now, I've played five years of NBL and I think my improvement went a little slowly. I've got to really knuckle down and a change of coaches, change of environment should really help me do that."

Reply #83107 | Report this post

Skyhook  
Years ago

Jeez if only Isaac had given him a few pointers, we might have kept him !! lol ;)

Good to see the club is taking such an interest in him prior to the season starting. How many individuals do you think the 36ers coaches are doing right now ?
Is Mastro here yet ?

Reply #83115 | Report this post

Tynan  
Years ago

Few if any players in any sport ever say too much about the REAL reasons for leaving a Club, but this is especially true if they are coaching related.

So hats off to Oscar.

Sam, I am surprised you found this point that interesting.

I think regulars of Hoops and NBL players are very aware of our coaches failure to develop players past a certain point, hence the growing discontent and losses suffered (not to mention failure to recruit).

For this reason we will continue to recruit players that no one else wants or who are at the end of their careers, and be competitive, after all you only have to finish in the 8 to play finals.

Reply #83189 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:40 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754