Bob Turner Wannabe
Years ago

Sydney Boomers Kings New Signing'

Not sure if it has been posted yet, but they've signed Russell Hinder and Cameron Tovey. Click on me to view the story

Topic #7395 | Report this topic

here's the team

David Barlow, BJ Carter, Ian Crosswhite, Russell Hinder, Luke Kendall, Bradley Sheridan, Jason Smith (captain), Anthony Susnjara, Cameron Tovey, Mark Worthington.

By my count i've got Barlow, Crosswhite, Hinder, Kendall, Sheridan, Smith and Worthington as either Boomer or squad members. (could be wrong)

Reply #83180 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

Any chance that the NBL can make the players rankings points available to the public?

This squad must be going close to maxing out points with imports to come ( if they are that is)

Reply #83182 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

David Barlow, BJ Carter, Ian Crosswhite, Russell Hinder, Luke Kendall, Bradley Sheridan, Jason Smith (captain), Anthony Susnjara, Cameron Tovey, Mark Worthington.

Comes to 57 I think. Not sure how they're going to get two imports in there? Maybe Sheridan goes and Susnjara has another year as a development player? That still doesn't allow for two imports unless I'm missing something.

Reply #83191 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

you counting by Sydney rules?

Reply #83206 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Actually, it could be that Crosswhite and Worthington would still be on their ex-college contracts, meaning they might be rated a 3 instead of a 5? So, 57 becomes 53 and take out Susnjara from the ten is 52. Pull Carter and it's 47 which might allow for the imports. I'm just guessing though.

Reply #83208 | Report this post

TK  
Years ago

Kendall, Worthington and Crosswhite as rookies from US College were 3 each. Subsequent years (if stay at Sydney and sign before cutoff date)cannot be higher than 5. Therefore they are now 5 points each.

I think Susnjara was in US College for 2 years. So if comes off the development spot he will probably be a 3.

This Clause from the NBL web is interesting;
A player, other than restricted (import) players, commencing his career with a club shall never have an Internal Rating greater than 5 while he stays with that club. If the player chooses to leave that club, he will then be allocated his External Rating.

Means that a lot of the Kings come cheap eg Barlow, Carter.
Worthington 5, Kendall 5, Crosswhite 5, Susnjara 3?, Carter 5, Barlow 5, Tovey 3 means they have stacks of points left over.

Reply #83233 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Reply #83560 | Report this post

wolly  
Years ago

David Barlow, BJ Carter, Ian Crosswhite, Russell Hinder, Luke Kendall, Bradley Sheridan, Jason Smith (captain), Anthony Susnjara, Cameron Tovey, Mark Worthington. plus 2 imports.

i cant see how a team like that could come under the salary cap tho. i would reckon that they are only going for one import and i would think that that import would take the money which was ment for Rolan Roberts.

either way it wont matter because i cant see the kings not making top2.

Reply #83564 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:47 am, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754