????
Years ago

No Home for Hambour at Sixers?

I guess now that Darren has signed Nick "slambour" Hambour gets the flick? or is he going to the South Dragons. What about Todd Gower? what happens there can they step back and take another development spot or is that option exhausted. does anyone know?

Topic #7403 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

I think there might be age restrictions for development players. I'd say those spots will come down to the training camp in Port Lincoln.

Reply #83260 | Report this post

TK  
Years ago

Isaac. What is the age restrictions for development players?

Reply #83264 | Report this post

jimmy de bas  
Years ago

Hopefully the day after Gower was born

Reply #83269 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

Im pretty sure it used to be 21 or 22. That was a couple of seasons ago now so not sure if it has changed since than.

Reply #83272 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You would hope with the signing of ng that they haven't made a rash decision. Some ABA guys have performed well this year, like hambour, scanlon and zorich. They should be approaching all these guys for tryouts. And of the names above i believe all have a harder ride in the ABA than ng does as they are the main focus's of their respective teams.

Vandenbergh and campbell also going pretty well.

Reply #83291 | Report this post

Sixers33  
Years ago

Dodman anyone?

Delvolpment spot? He's 18 i think.

Reply #83301 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Definelty seems that Hambour and Gower wont have a spot next season.
Smyth is quoted in todays paper saying it is just the Import to go and they go with some youger players for the development spots.

From the Advertiser

Smyth said Ng's signature, coupled with that of a second import, would end the Sixers' recruiting of seasoned players. At least two talented youngsters from the ABA could be added.

"We'll go with a couple of younger guys," Smyth said. "With Darren, the right import and a couple of younger players, we're probably going to be a better team than we were last year."

Reply #83315 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hambour is talking with another NBL team anyway, so I think he will go there. tipped to be the dragons

Reply #83325 | Report this post

Sixers33  
Years ago

that would then be...

Ingles,Holmes,Hambour

Reply #83334 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

After Hambours performance or lack there of last week, i'm surprised North would want to keep him, let alone the sixers. Never seen a player bitch and hell at his own team mates as much as he did last week. We could easily hear it from the stands. Plus, the guy just doesn't have any moves. Yes he works hard on the boards, but thatrs about it. Has no back to the basket mover AT ALL! ASnd although his shooting has improved, he is still pretty average from range as well.

Reply #83336 | Report this post

brad  
Years ago

i think go and look for some abl players for the development squad, Damien Scanlon is killing out there and im not even a south man myself,hes bee kickn ass for a couple of seasons now but he is older than most good players in the abl!how about puttn Matty Sutton on the bench for a season hes a great PG with good size...just a thought boys

Reply #84294 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:31 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754