Sixers33
Years ago

FREEMAN close

Apparently Kevin Freeman is close to signing with the Sixers

Oz Hoops

Topic #7436 | Report this topic

Randy Watson  
Years ago

I heard this a long time ago and have been patiently waiting for confirmation. I thought it had gone cold because it's taken so long.

An awesome fit if they can get him to sign...fingers crossed!

Reply #83596 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Considering that around 2 years ago Farley, Maher and Freeman were 3 of the top 4 scorers in the league (the other being whethers) thats a pretty mean attack. Lets hope this is more than just a rumour.

Reply #83598 | Report this post

Sam  
Years ago

Have you been listening to Uncle Fairy Tale Phil again????

Reply #83601 | Report this post

zimzam  
Years ago

Remind me. Who did Freeman last play for? What's his height?

Reply #83604 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Played for the Bullets.

Height: 6'7"
Weight: 235
Birthdate: 03/03/78
High School: Paterson Catholic, Paterson, N.J.

Reply #83609 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Don't you remember the massive dunk he did on Cooper to finish the knockout final at the Dome? Been a while since Sixers have had a good dunker on the team. Farley can off the break, but not since Neon Leon have we had a guy that will dunk it on people. I hope we get him.

Reply #83612 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

Correct me if I'm wrong but didnt the Bullets play him at centre?

If the signing happens the Sixers will have the luxury of playing him at the 4 spot (which I think suits him better) with Coops and Wheels switching up the 5, now that is exciting!

Reply #83616 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I dont think that Freeman posterised Coop-a-loop, it was Bryant Matthews for me. Unless there were several 'ugly' Bullet plays that night.

Reply #83618 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Yes, probably would've been Bryant Matthews. Coops would remember...

Reply #83620 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Didnt he play at the 4 spot with Bobby at centre? or was it the other way round? Either way, I agree that he is more suited as a forward.

Reply #83621 | Report this post

nino  
Years ago

Isaac, lets ask Coops, he will love the 'airtime'.

Reply #83622 | Report this post

Sawmeinhalf  
Years ago

Any idea why Brisbane cut Freeman when he was so highly regarded?

Attitude problem? or just a problem with Joey Wright? If it was Joey, then coming in under Phil must have some appeal. Phil will just say "get out there and do what you do"

Reply #83626 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Rumour has it that Freeman got a little to cosy with Joey's wife.

Reply #83627 | Report this post

ShutUp!  
Years ago

Wasn't Freeman the guy who had, when we hent back home to the States a "Hand Gun" incident & couldn't renew his contract in Australia due to needing to be in Court to defend himself?

Reply #83628 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

think that was the crocs guard. I cant think of his name but i'm sure if was the crocs player.

Reply #83630 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Wayne Turner?

Freeman had an incident with a water cooler. Got dumped or quit due to attitude issues.

Reply #83632 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

yeah thats the dude.

Reply #83633 | Report this post

John Lawrence  
Years ago

Kevin Freeman, along with Ricky Moore and Rip Hamilton, were 3 of the players who played a major part in UConn's 1999 NCAA Championship victory over a seemingly unbeatable Duke outfit. Freeman, plus Willie, Brett and Lanard = trouble for the opposition, as you will have to double-team at least 1, maybe 2 of them... leaving wide open gaps all over the floor for options. I will think this team could create some major problems for a lot of teams, and maybe a NBL Finals birth could be in the cards, if no major injuries occur.

Reply #83636 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You see the thing is with you all is that you aren't open to new types of language and a vast variety of people's opinions! If you do not like the way/style people write in that is not only rude but it is simply unfair! We live in a free country people! This is a free website! Let people make free comments! If you are going to find faults in people expressing THEIR opinion then why even have a topic open for discussion to begin with?????

Reply #83637 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

#83637 - what are you on about?

Reply #83638 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

This is a free website!

Yeah, until the owner decides he's had enough of stupid people making stupid posts. At the moment, we are all guests on the owner's website. Be thankful for that, and respect the owner's wishes.

Reply #83640 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Just because a topic gets locked, doesnt mean you should bring your arguement into another topic.

Getting back to Freeman. With alledged attitude isues, would Phil really be interested in him? Hasnt he already said that he didnt want Pero because of simliar reasons, I think he also rulled out Rolan because of his attidute also.

Reply #83642 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Can anyone say why Freeman is now being discussed rather than Banks? Has there been some further info from within the club? As far as I can tell this topic began as a result of another post on ozhoops, nothing more.

Reply #83643 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Banks was a one off story, as was Greer. Freeman has been a name on the radar for months, and far from just on OzHoops. I wouldn't bet a house on him being the second import, but I'd take a smaller punt.

Reply #83645 | Report this post

Bonz  
Years ago

I've got a pineapple in my wallet that I'd put on it...his name just keeps coming up.

What odds are you giving Isaac?

Reply #83647 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

I know Freeman's name has been thrown around for a while from various sources, but last week it was Banks, why now back to Freeman?

Bonz, careful when you sit down. thedoctor has seen shocking injuries from pineapples unwittingly left in wallets...

Reply #83648 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Ive got a Redback that I'd put against your Pineapple Bonz!

Reply #83649 | Report this post

mr clutch  
Years ago

I don't know much about this Freeman guy, whats his defense like? I think that once again may be our downfall.

Reply #83651 | Report this post

Bonz  
Years ago

No Monolopy money Skip!

Reply #83652 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

Good week on the cards hey Bonz?

Potsie and Pecker have not cleaned you out yet?

Reply #83654 | Report this post

Bonz  
Years ago

LOL....I think they are running scared, I've been trying to organise a game for weeks.

Hopefully Potsie, Pecker, a couple of other boys and myself will be sitting down for a serious game soon.

You can join us if ya like Kent?

Reply #83656 | Report this post

Fiji  
Years ago

If true, then Phil won't sign him.

With a very young gorgous girlfriend, and being very very much the jealous type, I think Phil will pass, if thats true.

But seriously, I understand a clash occurred as well, but for other reasons, and one things for certain unlike Joey he won't be over coached down here, so there shouldn't be a clash.

I hope he comes.

Reply #83659 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I know Freeman's name has been thrown around for a while from various sources, but last week it was Banks, why now back to Freeman?
Have you read any of Stephon's theories about Greer and Banks being smokescreens? e.g., it's been Freeman all along.

Bonz, I'm not offering odds - I want to bet too!

Reply #83662 | Report this post

wolly  
Years ago

freeman was a serious gun when he was here. if he had stayed that whole year i would have thought he would be a close one to mvp

Reply #83664 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Of the 3, Greer, Banks and Freeman who would everyone prefer?

Looking at their stats I personally think Freeman is the one.

I also would still like to see Brennan in our team tho. Think we could do with a little more muscle.

Reply #83665 | Report this post

wolly  
Years ago

his stats were good back in the 2004/2005 season

Kevin Freeman Bullets 20.7 4th in the league

Kevin Freeman Bullets 10.5 5th in the league

FINAL 2003-04

Kevin Freeman Bullets 22.4 3rd in the league

Kevin Freeman Bullets 9.1 9th in the league

2003-04 All-NBL Third Team
Kevin Freeman (Brisbane Bullets)
Mike Chappell (New Zealand Breakers)
Darnell Mee (Wollongong Hawks)
Rashad Tucker (Perth Wildcats)
CJ Bruton (Sydney Kings)

i think its fair to say is stats arent that bad. he was a stand out when was in australia. hes also under 30

Reply #83666 | Report this post

Sixers33  
Years ago

i rather Freeman over Brannen but we probably need more strength and more height would be good.

How does Freemans height compare to Rycharts? 6.7-?

Anyone know the stats and how he went in rebounds? To compare with Rycharts.

Freeman, Banks, Brannen, Greer and Roberts.

I don't really know Banks or Greer but i love the rest.

Reply #83669 | Report this post

M Dizzle  
Years ago

Freeman played summer league with the pistons last year so the guy can obviously still play

Reply #83673 | Report this post

Jonno  
Years ago

Yea Freeman would be soo awesome, and in my opinion he is a step above, dusty, Brannen, robert.
I rate him pretty highly, among the best import forwards in recent years along with Williams, Bennett Davison, dave thomas and KB

Reply #83685 | Report this post

thomo  
Years ago

awesome adition to the side if he signs, definate upgrade

Reply #83775 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Reply #136194 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:31 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754