Flip
Years ago

New Theme for the Posse

Good evening All, With Paul " Big Sexy " Rees hanging up the boots for the Sixers. The Possi are in a bit of a pickle. I was opening it up to the world of hoops to help us find our new Cult Hero. Any suggestions are welcome.

Topic #7441 | Report this topic

Kev  
Years ago

What about one of the new old stars of the NBL like Wheeler or Copes?

Reply #83679 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What about Darren Ng ? Not too sure about at catch phrase though.

Reply #83681 | Report this post

Mike  
Years ago

dont worry about it

Reply #83682 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

james pennington

Reply #83683 | Report this post

Corey  
Years ago

There has to be some tune with "Coops" and "Copes" in it........

Reply #83684 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

The Cooper Super Troopers

:-)

Reply #83696 | Report this post

auslot  
Years ago

how about the slim cooper troupe and the theme song for the troupe could be

i love to have a beer with cooper
i love to have a beer with copes

(to the tune of i love to have a beer with duncan)

you could all wear slim dusty hats

Reply #83700 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

Oh about just the Old Timer's Posse - that way you cover just about the whole team ;-)

Reply #83715 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ohh u got to start the James Pennington Posse !!! some of the boys from centrals are working On getting some James Pennington is da man T shirts .. Im sure issac would be keen on selling them through the site ... I can see Players all over leauge showing up to games with there james Pennington fan club top

Reply #83718 | Report this post

some body  
Years ago

Reply #83732 | Report this post

some body  
Years ago

awwww yeah i'll buy 10!!!

Reply #83733 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I think the Posse needs to be reinvented as The Ninjas.

Perhaps learn from this excellent squirrel ninja stealth technique:

Reply #83735 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

I think we will pass on the Wheeler or Copeland suggestion. We wouldn't want our cult hero to die mid-season.

I'm thinking the Ninja. We have a lot in common. I'm thedoctor, he's a doctor.

Reply #83757 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I think you need to wear Ninja Turtle style eye masks. In fact, the forum demands exactly that. Half-shells are completely optional.

Black t-shirts with "NINJ" in white on the front?

Reply #83759 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Dammit Issac. You beat me to it. I thought of doing a Ninja Turtle theme as I was drifting off to sleep last night. :-)

You should all have different colour masks tho so we can tell you all apart :-P

Reply #83762 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Skip, why are you dreaming of half-men, half turtles? If you tell me K.C. Jones was in your dream with Beebop and Rocksteady, I'm leaving.

Ninja masks are a great idea.

On the back of the shirt will appear in small font "PRP", like how the Western Bulldogs have "FFC" on the back in honour of Footscray.

Reply #83763 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Brilliant.

Only good can come from this.

Reply #83764 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Darren will be embarrassed, so I fully endorse this plan.

Reply #83766 | Report this post

Tuohy  
Years ago

Yeah I pretty much had the same suggestion to Flip the other day. He seemed keen on the idea.

Reply #83767 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Thedoctor said - "Skip, why are you dreaming of half-men, half turtles? If you tell me K.C. Jones was in your dream with Beebop and Rocksteady, I'm leaving."

No but there were Samuri Pizza Cats as well.

Reply #83781 | Report this post

Bonz  
Years ago

I love the idea of masks...but may I suggest some big "MC Hammer Happy Pants" in different colours!

Reply #83787 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Our banners will have gems of ninja wisdom such as those found here:

http://www.entertheninja.com/ninja_fun/wisdom.shtml

"Never store shuriken in your underwear" - now that's advice to live by!

Reply #83793 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Can I just say that it is fantastic if the posse do continue whether it be as the Ng Ninjas or whatever. The more fans like that we have the better it is.

I hope to see the Ninjas, The guys with Farley written across their shirts, The seals, The cheerleaders, the Guy who sits 10 rows back behind the sixers bench with HUGE Red afro and whoever else can be bothered to make a little extra effort to support their team.

I'd also like to see a weekly banner competition or something similar run each game to encourage more of this fantasticly crazy behaviour!!

Reply #83812 | Report this post

DJM  
Years ago

I have it on good authority the people sitting 11 rows back behind the sixers bench aren't so quite in love with the red afro! (re post 83812) I think they would be happier with a mohawk so they could see a little more of the game. Other than that, bring it all on. Can't wait for the season.

Reply #83909 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Just letting you know the guy with the Afro has shaved it off. No doubt will see it back soon but maybe not to the extreme it was at (I believe it was a bet he had with someone at his work). It's weird the Afro is natural, that's just how it naturally grows, when it got longer he had it in cornrows but now it's all gone. It was shaved off around the time of "shave for a cure" so not sure if that was the reason for the bet of why he had to grow it for so long or not. But I doubt he'd let it grow to that extreme again.

Reply #83914 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:21 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754