Hurley
Years ago

WORLD CHAMPS ON SBS- ACT NOW

(taken from Paul Kennedy, hope u dont mind... its good news)

Hello everyone,

I have contacted basketball forums, basketball clubs and associations, ethnic clubs from many of the communities I mentioned in my first post, and hundreds of individuals with an interest in basketball.

While some indicated no interest in working to get the World Championships on free to air television, the overwhelming majority have.

As such, the response has been almost overwhelming, and the prospect of SBS broadcasting the tournament is back on the map.

However, one weekends worth of emails will make little difference. It is vitally important that if you have not contacted SBS and the Minister for Communications, that you take the 5 minutes required to do so.

If you have done this, thankyou, but please forward the relevant email adresses to family and friends who enjoy watching basketball, and implore them to voice their support for the cause.

The number of groups/ people I have contacted has the potential to generate thousands of emails - but this is what it will take to achieve the end result.

SBS have requested that all emails are sent to [email protected], PLEASE respect this, we do not wish to make any enemies on this matter. Also remember to free call SBS on 1800 500 727.

Once again, thankyou, but please make that extra effort that will see basketball return to free to air television.

Paul Kennedy.

-----------------------------------

also it is never too late to hit up the NBA TV online petition http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/NBATvAustralia

Topic #7444 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

I think Paul had already posted this on Hoops SA in the original thread.

Reply #83721 | Report this post

Hurley  
Years ago

il remember that, but i hope people can actively pursue SBS, and other networks on the matter just as I am because it takes alot to make it happen.

Cheers

Reply #83730 | Report this post

Sixers33  
Years ago

i got around 250+ signatures from asking people to sign the NBA TV petition on about 8 forums.

Reply #83742 | Report this post

hurley  
Years ago

good work

Reply #83771 | Report this post

hurley  
Years ago

Paul Kennedy! whats the latest on this? I called SBS and they said there scheduled to September and still have no plans to air it..... but the dude on the phone said that they have had a strong response from Basketball fans and are considering showing it.

Reply #83831 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:16 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754