hurley
Years ago

Bruce Ninnis Boomers tapes

Bruce, I am very interested in Buying the boomers 2 games vs USSR and Boomers v allstar game. I dont get paid until the 12th (or maybe a few days before due to public holiday)... how much would you want for each game?

Topic #7488 | Report this topic

Scott Ninnis  
Years ago

Hurley,
I spoke to the old boy last night and he certainly doesn't want this to be a money-making venture, just enough to cover his time and minimal costs.
I'm guessing probably $5 a disc.
He was going to contact Isaac and try and take expressions of interest through him rather than deal with individuals directly, so I would suggest dropping Isaac an e-mail with want you want.
He has a phenomenal amount of old NBL and NBA videos which he is slowly sorting through and converting to DVD so anyone interested in some old Laker, Celtic or 36ers games, I can certainly recommend it.

Scott Ninnis.

P.S Sorry for the extra work I may have created for you Dad!

Reply #84192 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sorry to jump into your conversation but I was lucky enough to get my hands on the Michael Jordan ultimate 3 disc DVD box set from a friend and on that set it had him 63 point play off game Vs Boston, a 1989 regular season game vs. Cleveland and a few games from the 1990's.

That was the fist time I had ever seen it, the game was amazing.

Reply #84194 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hey people just a word of warning. Be carefeul of any copyright issues. Would hate to see any one get burnt by this very genourous offer.

Reply #84202 | Report this post

BettyLeadfoot  
Years ago

Sorry for the spelling above.

Reply #84204 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

Nice pun Anon, 'getting burnt!'

Reply #84214 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Let's keep any trading strictly to televised, not-for-sale games, rather than pirating official boxsets or anything like that. I will make no comment on the legality of either, other than to say that I think trading (perhaps with covering the cost of postage) recordings from TV years ago of games that you cannot expect to purchase officially COULD be viewed a little more lightly.

I still think that the best way to organise this might be with a central repository - e.g., anyone who has something of interest, makes a copy and submits it to a Hoops SA library. Maybe submitting something earns them a credit. Someone could update a master list from which others could submit "orders"?

Reply #84217 | Report this post

hurley  
Years ago

I dont think you would get in any trouble over TV games that may never be televised again,. seems like a nice Idea Isaac, how would we go about paying and how much is wanted though? i havent got a bank account running at the moment,... could i pay through the post office?

Reply #84220 | Report this post

Keefy  
Years ago

I've got a copy of the 1st game played at the powerhouse already on DVD

Reply #84232 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:21 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754