brad
Years ago

ABL PLAYERS ON FIRE

hey does any one think there should be any abl players selected for development squads or teams in the abl? mabye Damien scanlon is a thought? mabye few others tell me what u guys rekon....cheers

Topic #7498 | Report this topic

brad  
Years ago

sorry i ment who shld be playn nbl

Reply #84295 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

They are. It's decided at a camp in Port Lincoln pre-season. There's also the Academy. Scanlon would probably not be considered for either due to his age.

Reply #84296 | Report this post

52-Cans  
Years ago

How old is Damion Scanlon?

Reply #84302 | Report this post

Sam  
Years ago

Michael Zorich had a blinder of a weekend, would have to be close to player of the round in my opinion.

Reply #84317 | Report this post

Hoop Addict  
Years ago

52-Cans,

I think Scanlon is 25/26.

Reply #84318 | Report this post

jimmy de bas  
Years ago

Yeah good weekend for Zorich, just a pity they didn't win either of their games.

Reply #84350 | Report this post

Blue Collar  
Years ago

Agreed Jimmy,
The General was at Pasadena on Saturday night to watch the Sturt v North game and may have seen a few things that would have impressed him.

Reply #84374 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Hope he isn't regretting taking Majstrovich over Smylie.

Reply #84376 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

James Pennington Anyone ?

Reply #84399 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

talking about form, keith krause?? last 3 games he has had 30, 43, and 34 not to mention the rebounds?

Reply #84400 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

Haven't seen Austin Smylie play, but from looking at his stats only perspective the only concern I think Smyth could have is the high number of turnovers. Otherwise his stats are very impressive. Is that a fair comment? Phil usually seems to like guys who protect possession of the ball.

Reply #84404 | Report this post

brad  
Years ago

does any1 think that matty sutton shld be elivated to the bench? i no his stats arnt the best but i think he deserves it

Reply #84433 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

XY - Austin is a lot like Dusty Rychart, maybe more scrappy and less aggressive, better from the arc and will go for a dunk in traffic if the opportunity is there (I don't think Dusty would back himself for something like that!). I don't know if he's starting material for the NBL, but I don't know if he's even really been pushing himself yet. Might be worth remembering that many of Dusty's coaches and so on probably wouldn't have thought him capable of what he's achieved either.

Also, it's worth considering that his stats are coming behind Ng, Forman and Maher, and he's had a few games off the bench. He's only had one game more than 32 minutes too.

Can't really remember him getting many turnovers, so I'm not sure where they'd be coming from. I don't think he's been called for travelling or many charges, so could only be some wayward passes.

61.6% from the field and 60+% from three isn't too bad though!

Now that he's been introduced to the inspirational Chinese restaurant Imperial Room, we'll have to see what happens to his stats...

Reply #84475 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

Thanks Isaac.

Yes I did notice that per 48 his HSA was second in the league. Very impressive. Like I said, only potential issue could be the 3 t/o per game in 27 minutes at ABL level - could be an issue in the NBL. Otherwise he looks very promising to make it in the NBL.

Does anyone know if Smylie would accept a training spot with the Sixers or is he looking for a roster spot elsewhere this year?

Reply #84480 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:56 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754