Phizzer
Years ago

NH - Aussie chants for World Cup

While Aussies are some of the world's most prolific sports fan, we are drastically lacking in the ability to sing songs and start chants beyond "Waltzing Matilda" and "Aussie, Aussie, Aussie, Oi, Oi, Oi". (although, "Oh, Ah, Glenn McGrath" was a good one)

Barmey Army should have taught us a lot. I did enjoy a few rounds of "He's fat, he's round, his arse is on the ground, Shane Warne, Shane Warne".

Anyway, point is, what are the best sporting songs/chants you know and can we suggest some to use to cheer on the Socceroos in the coming weeks? Something beyond the "Oh, ay, oh ayohayohay, oh ay, oh ay" one (anyone know what they're saying?)

Topic #7524 | Report this topic

Sixers33  
Years ago

your right. Why we are at it lets thinking of some to get back at the barmy army.

I hate them so much!

Reply #84517 | Report this post

Phizzer  
Years ago

Oh dear, very unsuccessful thread. Was hoping for some great replies.

Mod, please give this thread the kiss of life or pull the plug, don't let it die a slow and painful death......

Reply #84650 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Maybe this can be a private little thread for you and Sixers33...

Reply #84668 | Report this post

Phizzer  
Years ago

Oh ha ha Isaac. Maybe Sixers33, brad, John Lawrence and yogee can all share this one with me!

Billo, bail me out mate!

Reply #84675 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

well at least this thread reached the lofty hits of its author ....

what a phizzer!

Reply #84688 | Report this post

Sixers33  
Years ago

Thankyou Issac

Reply #84691 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

You're welcome. Anyway, I'm going to close the door and leave you two in here together.

Reply #84742 | Report this post

Phizzer  
Years ago

Hang on Isaac, still waiting on John Lawrence, brad and yogee before I lock the door and escape through the window.

Isaac, you'll obviously not an advocate of euthanasia, a dying thread is pleading for your mercy and compassion to put it out of it's misery and you deny it's right to die.......

Reply #84745 | Report this post

Sixers33  
Years ago

huh?

Reply #84790 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:11 am, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754