T.O. Slammer
Years ago

SIXERS IMPORT

Issac, have you heard any news in the last few days on the Sixers import situation? I know that Freeman and Greer's names were being tossed about at the end of last week but it seems to have gone quiet lately.

Topic #7528 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

If I knew something I was allowed to post, I would've posted it. If I knew someting I wasn't allowed to post, I wouldn't post it.

No news is no news.

Reply #84537 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

confusing
thankyou yoda

Reply #84540 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Me thinks he knows something ;-)

Reply #84543 | Report this post

I know that Kevin Freeman is coaching at a junior bball camp in adelaide in the next few weeks...

Seems like a gimmie to me..

Reply #84551 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

On Talking Hoops tonight, Phil said they were still looking at 4 possibilities. If that didn't work out, they would be scouting the Summer League in the US in July. Without knowing the final team at this stage it is very disappointing that a week ago we were all excited that the team had been finalised. It was a good feeling that a decent team had been put together and we had something positive to look forward to. It now sounds like its back the the drawing board.

Reply #84555 | Report this post

brad  
Years ago

i dont mind who they get just make it sum1 who is flexable and can score! we mite find scoring in the post a difficult challenge.

Reply #84561 | Report this post

Suspicious  
Years ago

The better the import the more pressure there is on Smyth to achieve. If the 'out first round' trend continues and Freeman IS onboard, Smyth will have run out of excuses.

Conspiracy theory...hopefully no truth to it but hope Kevin Freeman is a 36er in '06/07. Just not counting on it.

Reply #84578 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

Yeah to me that is the sad thing, we all go our hopes up with freeman. After so much down, this was something that everyone seemed happy with and gave us fans something to look forward to. Now as you said EC it seems like the bottom has fallen out and we are in limbo again.

Reply #84587 | Report this post

Sixers33  
Years ago

any news?

Reply #84693 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Sixers33, stop making pointless posts. If there was "any news" don't you think whoever it was that had the news, would post it?

I mean, this is the SA basketball forum where "any news" on the new Sixers import would be of interest to every single f*cking person who visits this site. I doubt there is someone out there who knows who the new import is, but did not think it newsworthy, then upon reading your post inviting them to post "any news" thought to themselves "Oh yeah, that's right! I do have news! I'm so glad Sixers33 reminded me that I am the bearer of news! I must inform my fellow basketball enthusiasts!"

I need a coffee.

Reply #84713 | Report this post

boost  
Years ago

hard training last nite doc?

Reply #84727 | Report this post

Dr Bullshit  
Years ago

He makes a very valid point though, whether he has coffee withdrawal symptoms or not.

Reply #84730 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

"It looked like we were there a week ago and then there was a hiccup - one of the guys had an offer to go to Europe," Smyth said.
Here's my guess: they had Freeman close to signed and then he got an offer. Or there are smaller details that are stopping them from getting the signature. Remember how long it took to finalise the deal with Farley's return the other season - wouldn't surprise me if the same sort of thing was happening now.

Reply #84736 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Dont ya all wish KB was 10 years younger. Make this all so much easier. (hmm, would KB still be an import if he suited up)

Reply #84757 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:53 pm, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754