Sammy
Years ago

Sixers Sale - a potential buyer?

Channel 7 news is going to run a story tonight on a potential buyer of the Adelaide 36ers.

I wonder who it could be.

Topic #7537 | Report this topic

hurley  
Years ago

keep us posted

Reply #84671 | Report this post

Sixers33  
Years ago

9 also has Sixers on.

Reply #84672 | Report this post

Sixers33  
Years ago

GORDON PICKARD!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply #84673 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

Anything more to it than that Sixers33? Not exactly news that...

Reply #84674 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

Pickards sons and his advisor on the news inspecting the dome plus the name of Ron Barnett

No word on Belly or MVP's offer.

Reply #84676 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

yeah looks pretty desperate to me, if the closing date is in a couple of days its leaving it all very close. They did say that the gov want pickard to pick them up.

Reply #84686 | Report this post

hurley  
Years ago

didnt pickard say he WASNT buying the 6ers?

Reply #84687 | Report this post

Sixers33  
Years ago

he did but now he has changed his mind. this isn't inaccurate because we saw it. unless he changes his mind again. Whch i hope he doesn't.

Reply #84692 | Report this post

Kev  
Years ago

Sixers33 will support ANYONE who buys the Sixers.

Reply #84695 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

maybe he thinks he can get it cheaper due to the AFL teams backing out? maybe he think it wont sell and will rescue the club in the intrim?

Reply #84698 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Gordon Pickard will lose interest in the basketball after a year (along with $500k-1m)and no one will want to buy it.

They should sell it to people who have the game in mind and you can afford to run it.

Reply #84701 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ron Basset is the name behind Belly's MVP offer

Reply #84704 | Report this post

Sixers33  
Years ago

i wouldn't be happy for higgins, hewitt or any interstate bid

Reply #84705 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

looked like a media beat up to me, i heard Pickard only has daughters anyway (jokes)

Reply #84711 | Report this post

lockstock  
Years ago

my guess is that there are already a number of prospective buyers interested, and negotiations have been going on for some time. Don't expect the deadline to be met however, these things are extended all the time in sales of restructured businesses. I don;t think there will be much 'last minute', desperate bids in a sale of this magnitude.

Reply #84719 | Report this post

Sam  
Years ago

If Pickard has said in saturdays papaer that he isnt interested and then this happens it is a very rushed decision, seems weird and by no means do i know Pickard but surely a man of this wealth would want to know the figures and if he has said No on saturday i would think that the figures havent looked good to him. i tend to agree with anon 84711, seemed like a very timely media beat up

Reply #84720 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

And the cameras just happened to be there for that moment? Can anyone say "staged"?

Reply #84726 | Report this post

Joe M  
Years ago

Tomorrow is D day

9th of June and the hammer will go down.

I might check E-Bay this afternoon as tomorrow is D Day and they have just want to see how much a good price is.

Reply #84758 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

That's the deadline for Expressions of Interest only. No hammers involved AFAIK.

Reply #84760 | Report this post

Sixers33  
Years ago

i think that Gordon Pickard will not bid for the sixers. He isn't that interested.

So is MVP Sports bidding?
Is Higgins bidding?
Was there a possiblity he would do it?

Reply #84789 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Sixers33 - what happened, earlier today you were absolutely convinced that Pickard had changed his mind and was trying to buy them!

Reply #84793 | Report this post

interested  
Years ago

anyone heard about the sale of the lightning?

Reply #84798 | Report this post

Doctor E  
Years ago

Sixers33 - it will be announced in good time. Why don't you just wait and see.

Reply #84799 | Report this post

Kev  
Years ago

This Ron Basset character seems to have been involved in a variety of interesting things over the past few years, including a complaint over a domain name he registered.

Reply #84800 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Who hasn't!

Reply #84802 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

By the looks of it he owns a Website business, www.bassetwm.com not sure if that is the same guy, looks like it though.

Reply #84838 | Report this post

cisco  
Years ago

i've been away for a couple of days and just caught a bit on the abc about kb - can anyone inform me what that was about?

Reply #84856 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:10 pm, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754