Hillbilly
Years ago

U/14 Girls classics

Just a quick note to say I see a good result achieved at the classics over the weekend by Woodville (13th) and Southern (16th)in this age group. That was obviously due to a good preparation at the May state champs. Well done to all concerned.

Topic #7588 | Report this topic

BMG  
Years ago

I'm detecting a hint of sarcasm, Hillbilly.

Reply #85156 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Woodville had a new coach or two coaches, not sure.
They were a bit unlucky hillbilly.

Reply #85157 | Report this post

Vadersmate  
Years ago

First of all well done to the Sturt u14 girls on taking the title on the weekend. This is a hard working team that is very well coached. Good on ya girls.

To Hillbilly; yeah well only 1 team can be winners cant they. Im sure EVERY team that played in the classics this past weekend benifited from the experience.

To South & Woodville, hang in there girls. If you have gone out and done your best then hold your heads up high.

Reply #85181 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You obviously overlooked that South and North finished 15th and 16th in the 14 Boys and that Sturt finished 14th, Norwood 15th and Woodville 16th in the Under 12 Girls.

I am sure they were all invited and will benefit from playing against the best.

But reading your previous posts I am sure it was an oversight!!

Reply #85195 | Report this post

HillBilly  
Years ago

Got a bite again.

Was actually being genuine. Can't believe the negativity. At least they went and competed and the parents behaved. How do you know the hillbilly is not from within.

Also did note that the north and south boys came 15th and 16th. South unlucky to lose a couple of their games by 2.

Also note the vaguaries of the comp when norwood and mavs can win 2 from 6 games in the 14 boys and end up 7th and 8th. Th mavs had a hard draw, while norwood bombed on a soft hand it to me draw. Call it the pool of pooh.

Well done to sturt in both the boyz and girls in the 14 age group.

You can now start to call it the Mesecke Machine

Reply #85237 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

To Sturt who won the Classics - "Congratulations" and to Forestville who finished 5th - also well done. Duely the 2 best U14s Girls teams going to the Nationals. Good luck to both in Queensland!

Reply #85244 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:36 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754