lockstock
Years ago

Best ABA Benches Right Now

Hi, I think that benches in the ABA are often not recognised for the success of a team. Looking at the top clubs, they all have at least 2 players that could start on a number of other teams. What are everyone's thoughts on the best benches in the ABL right now, and why do you think they're the best?

Topic #7603 | Report this topic

nutter  
Years ago

north have a young team and probably their first 9 are very even, i wouldn't say they have the best bench but they are centainly very strong!

Reply #85386 | Report this post

Jo  
Years ago

norwod has the hottest bench!
pretty good depth too

Reply #85419 | Report this post

john  
Years ago

forestville hands down....campbell, gange, mcdonald-taylor, wood....those 4 could almost start on any other teams.....no question. other teams that have fair benches sturt and north, and despite having a terrible season tigers with full team would have fair depth.

Reply #85423 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

campbell almost start? thats generous of you. the kids a gun, he would dominate on any other team.

Reply #85427 | Report this post

john  
Years ago

i meant all 4 of them could almost start......of course campbell would start on any other team, and should probably be starting at forestville.

Reply #85471 | Report this post

confused  
Years ago

you would have to consider sturts bench as a leader at the moment...potsie(kinda on the bench), mark bauer, todd gower / marcus hakenforf (both sometime starters I know but when they are not starting, their on the bench), marcus ng, jordan dodman, scott palmer...

Reply #85532 | Report this post

Phizzer  
Years ago

"but when they are not starting, their on the bench"

Quite an insight there into the intricacies of basketball confused.....

You're getting splinters on the bench of intelligent conversation.

Reply #85538 | Report this post

Fennis Dembo  
Years ago

Sturt bench went a whopping 5 pts out of a team total of 93 recently.

Reply #85544 | Report this post

lockstock  
Years ago

I'd say the Forestville bench looks the goods. Add Wayne Hayden to that lot mentioned also.

Reply #85548 | Report this post

oprah  
Years ago

in the womens norths hands down

Reply #85641 | Report this post

WRC  
Years ago

North in the Women - they go 10 deep.
Forestville in the Men.

Reply #86395 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:22 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754