Years ago

Hating Shaq?

I saw an interview with Shaq the other day where he said something like "If you don't like Shaq, there's something wrong with you". I've never liked Shaq. I was never caught up in his hype, even when he was in Orlando. If he's "the most dominant player ever", why do his career numbers (aside from a few more points per game) look no better than Hakeem Olajuwon, David Robinson, Patrick Ewing, or even Tim Duncan? Do other people not like Shaq, or is there something wrong with me?

Topic #7613 | Report this topic

thedoctor  
Years ago

Other people don't like Shaq, but there is definitely something wrong with you.

Reply #85514 | Report this post

Skyhook  
Years ago

LOL. Gold doctor !

Shaq is by far the most "dominating" physical presence in the NBA . Some could argue that mantle was held by Wilt Chamberlain until Shaq entered the league.

I think you are pushing your own dislike-of-shaq trolley on this one.

Reply #85518 | Report this post

I'm not a huge Shaq fan, but he is a huge physical presence on the court. I'm sure having him would be a fair psychological advantage to any team, and the defensive attention he commands (double and triple teams) would open up opportunities for his team mates that aren't reflected in the stats column.
That said, it's just so funny to watch him shoot free throws and handle the ball- he looks about as comfortable as as Pat Riley at a 50 Cent concert.

Reply #85521 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I think he's a bit overhyped, but as a character for the league, he's pretty entertaining. Hunt around ESPN for a recent article on classic Shaq playoff quotes.

Reply #85523 | Report this post

Skyhook  
Years ago

Got a link Isaac ? The Big Aristotle has made some big calls !!

Reply #85527 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playoffs2006/columns/story?columnist=stein_marc&id=2479460

Reply #85530 | Report this post

Cotton McKnight  
Years ago

The Big daddy certainly is a HUGE physical presence. I can't think of another big man who gets as many alley's as Shaq. Whether it's Wade or someone else penetrating, they just throw it up there and he dunks it easily most times.

That's what someone of his size can and should do.

Reply #85554 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

"My impression was my daughters tackle me harder when I come home," O'Neal said. "You know, I'm one of the last players from the old school, and you know, you just have to take a hard foul like that and keep on moving. It actually felt pretty good to get hit like that. Thank you, Jerry, I appreciate it."

Talking about today's flagrant foul bt Stackhouse.

Reply #85558 | Report this post

Dr Bullshit  
Years ago

Is this where we sign up for the Shaq hate club. If not can you tell me where please. The guys a tool.

Reply #85594 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:40 pm, Thu 28 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754