Isaac
Years ago

Sturt win twice, women in a thriller

The Sabres played at home in Wayville, but came home with two wins against Eastern.

In the women's game, scores were tied at 60 before, with 0.3 seconds left and Sturt with possession, Caroline Nixon hit a three to win the game. A bit of a contentious result given the time it would normally take someone to catch and shoot. Apparently the shot beat the buzzer, so perhaps the timekeeper(s) were a fraction slow.

In the men's game, after an even first quarter, Sturt blew out to a 20-30 point lead before the Mavs rallied in the final quarter to make the margin a more respectable 16 points. Eastern seemed to self-destruct to some extent with techs going to Brad Bungey, Richard Hill and Ben Madgen I think. Madgen played well for 32, while Darren Ng took advantage of technical free throws on his way to 31 points. Oscar Forman jacked up 32 attempts (14 in the first quarter, 20 in the first half!) to finish with 23 and 17 or so rebounds.

Missing for Sturt were Brett Maher, Nathan Vaughan and Marcus Ng. Abset for the Mavericks were Jacob Holmes and Ben Trebilcock.

Topic #7629 | Report this topic

damrob  
Years ago

Photos from tonights games played at Wayville are now online at

www.damrob.com.au

or direct link

DAMROB WILL BE BACK AT WAYVILLE TOMORROW FOR FORESTVILLE V STURT

Reply #85620 | Report this post

ITA  
Years ago

I was at wayville, saw the womens game, nice shot, did it beat the buzzer? not sure, but it counts, 0.3 is not long.

I missed the mens game though. I was too busy watching the ref dish out techs like candy.

Reply #85622 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

Damrob, some nice shots there, they seemed to be a little grainier than usual, did you forget your flash and have to crank the iso up to 1600 to compensate? Out of interest what sort of camera do you use? Do you normally use a flash?

Cheers.

Reply #85627 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:23 am, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754