news
Years ago

Locked: ANOTHER SACKING AT TIGERS!!!

From what i have heard Phil Lintern has been sacked from Southern Tigers for taken photos up in mildura.

No tell that is the most pitiful thing i have herd.

Everyone takes photos of there team but they target phil and ban his camera now they sack him.

Well Southern Tigers is in for a real surprise!

Topic #7637 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Who the hell is Phil Lintern?

Reply #85655 | Report this post

news  
Years ago

Phil lintern is the under 12 div 2,2 coach at southern tigers and has been mistreated.

Reply #85658 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What a surprise. Don't tell me another Bill Hopkins decision? What is going on down there?

Reply #85661 | Report this post

bully  
Years ago

Now i agree that Phil has been mistreated but as a referee i have had to ash Phil to move right off the baseline and sideline while he has been taking photos as he was on the court so i just asked him to move back to take them. I have also had complaints from OTHER coaches about him taking them so i have had to deal with that in some games. But i do not think that he should be sacked for taking photos. he takes them for reasons to do with his coaching. He does sometimes also video the games to show his girls some of the game. He videos the players shooting fould shots so he can show them what they need to do to imporve their shooting technique.

What would happen if it was just another parent taking photos? Would that parents kid be kicked out of the club?

This just shows that Southern really have no idea!!!!!

Reply #85662 | Report this post

John Lawrence  
Years ago

that would have to be one of the most stupid things i have heard of in the history of basketball... a coach being sacked because he was trying to do something positive by taking photos to help his players!!! what next @ Southern??? Southern have less than no idea with that call.

Reply #85665 | Report this post

GB  
Years ago

who was the other one sacked.

Reply #85666 | Report this post

tigergirl  
Years ago

Yes it is pathetic wat they are doing as phil is my father and i am furious no1 nos wat he does for his girls.

if u go and ask his girls wat he is as a coach they would all say that he is great and no1 does wat he does for those girls making all those certificates for 100 points or having a great game.

he takes them ice skating with just his team and the team manager and takes them bowling.

no other coach i have herd does that now do they. he does beach trainings with his girls and they love it. He does the under 8s at southern tigers and one girl came up to him today to give him a hug and he said no the little girl looks at him and says ur not my coach anymore so now i can. no haa that ever happened to you.

yes another bill hopkins desicion. and me writing on this forum isn't the only thing i am doing about this situation so SOUTHERN TIGERS BE WARN THERES HELL TO PAY NOW!!!!

Reply #85667 | Report this post

tigergirl  
Years ago

yes he might be in the way but if asked nicly he is always happ to move and if u aproch him and say the other team is having trouble with him taken photos he would gladly stop.

oh by the way he gets sacked for taken photos to help his girls but in my team at a swimmimg centr another coach was taking photos of us in our bikinies but he don't get sacked that sounds fair now doesn't it.

Reply #85668 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Another post started without considering or stating all the facts.

Taking photo's and videoing kids playing sports these days is a very risky subject and all clubs need to display due diligence in this area.

Issac I cant see this thread providing any value and can only get ugly particularly given the subject matter.

Reply #85675 | Report this post

tigergirl  
Years ago

excuse me or does this last post to me sound like its bill hopkins but not putting his name so he doesn't get picked on.

Reply #85677 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

#85675 i am guessing this is a committee member wanting this thread removed, so not to tarnish Southern great name.. I can't see anything wrong with it and hope it stays, or will it be like previous Southern threads where committee members get all the bad stuff taken out and the postive stuff they write stays in?

Reply #85678 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hey Tigergirl

I am not from the Southern Tigers but I don't think you are enhancing your court time by posting here.

Take it up with your Club direct.

Reply #85679 | Report this post

tigergirl  
Years ago

i agree who ever it is must be a pussy.

not to stand up but have it closed down so that Southern Tigers don't get attacked.

well i am from Southern Tigers and this thread needs to stay oen for people to see what our club is doing to our coaches and i don't care if i emmbaress my club they should already be embarrassed for what they have done.

Reply #85680 | Report this post

He has been asked in the past (by the club) not to take photos of other peoples children...there have been parents complaining, and rightly so.

you have to be so careful these days with privacy laws, there needs to be writtin permission from parents or guardians.

Don't get me wrong i think Phil is a great person and volunteer coach, but sometimes you have to play by the rules, and he has already been asked.

Don't judge what goes on at the Tigers as all bad, there is some really good things happening down there.

2 sides to every story, until you get them both...

Reply #85684 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i agree taking photos of children especially young girls is a risky business

Reply #85685 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

It really would be nice if all the dirty laundry was aired WITHIN the club and not on this forum but I can understand why Tigergirl would want to defend her Dad. However, as in the many other negative posts coming on this regarding Southern, the facts have not been represented correctly and both sides of the story have not been told. I do not believe it is necessarily my place to tell them as I think it should be left in house however it would be better if parents and others concerned about this issue contact the Club. The issues of privacy and photo taking I agree are in fact Political correctness gone insane but unfortunately its how the world is heading and laws are already in place in other states and will surely soon be enforced here in SA.

I would like to think that sensible people would maybe feel it is just another bashing of Southern but as a parent I also can see how emotions are high regarding this issue. All I can ask for is that people contact the Club and I can assure you that there are more issues here than will be aired on this forum.

By the way my name is NOT Bill.

Reply #85695 | Report this post

Phil Lintern  
Years ago

This is Phil,

Thanks for the support, but please stop this thread.

All I will say on the topic is that as a parent of a player at the club I still fully support the southern tigers, and do not wish comments on here.

I fully support the team I coached and the parental support from the team.

If you have issues with what has happend please discuss with the appropriate people at Southern Tigers.

Please i was not aware of this thread and would ask that it be removed if possible.

Kindest regards

Phil Lintern

ps "Feel the Power, Hear the Roar"

Reply #85699 | Report this post

tiger parent  
Years ago

yes u all need to know the facts. truth is that he has written permission from parents of children in his team and also another team and several other club players . he has covered himself in the correct way. at no time does he take any inappropriate photos of anyone he takes photos of clothed children involved in basketball photos are used for awards for players and also on a team dvd
presented to all players as a fantastic irraplacable memory of their season. many families have made comments "wish our kids were in his team and it would be great to have such memories of our kids season on a dvd like that".appart from all of this the fact is that he is a fantastic coach and a great person who would do anything to help someone , the kids love him and i find it very hard to understand that southern can really afford to loose another great coach . they are already short on coaches.it is such a big loss to the club over one persons personal issue. if they didnt want their child photographed then why not approach him in person at the time as i know he would have acknowleged their request. Maybe the use of some common sense would stop a lot of problems down the track.

Also its time the club started to talk to those concerned at a full committee level rather than listening to only one person.

Its time you start backing all your coaches Southern.

Reply #85706 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

If you've got an issue with the decision, take it up with the club. If you're an outsider, be sure to read the full thread and consider both viewpoints. I'm locking this given that some people are posting under more than one alias, that Phil has requested, that the club will no doubt request the same, and that it's dirty laundry. Tigergirl, you started this thread and its not the place for it as your father has rightly recognised.

Reply #85702 | Report this post

Thread locked

This thread has been locked and replies are not permitted.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:03 am, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754