men ?

Topic #7639 | Report this topic

j. Howland for the men his dunk shots are set

Reply #85698 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

HSA rating says the top ten are:

Holmes - too few games
Cooper - not sure, could be overlooked in a few games?
Reggie - missed a few games, losing team
Ng - maybe the favourite, but could lose votes to Smylie and Forman
Dix - would be a shot, getting stats quietly
Hill - too much competition at Eastern?
Forman - a few dud games, and could miss a few from here on
Maher - too few games
Smylie - if he played a full season, would be a chance
Zorich - has had a pretty good season

It could only be because I'm seeing mostly Sturt games, but Darren Ng is my pick. 27.8 PPG, 5.5 RPG and 3.7 APG. HSA-wise, his worst game of the season was 17/10/4 in a loss against the Rockets, and that's still a decent statline.

Reply #85703 | Report this post

What about hambour, he's had some massive games

Reply #85705 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i think that if hambour was to ever win the medal, then they may aswell just start handing it out willy nilly. you cant be serious 1 or 2 good games a year doesnt even mention a warrant a long the names of
dix, ng, hill, holmes, zorich, coops and reggie,

if reggie was to ever play a full season, he have to go close, i mean a 6"6 point built like a pf who can almost consistanly get triple doubles must be doin somethin right

Reply #85716 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Scanlon? Shining light in a bunch of mediocres.

Reply #85722 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

jae conn or louise mclean? (centrals)... talkn about shining light's in a bunch of mediocres

Reply #85748 | Report this post

Hangin Round  
Years ago

What are thoughts on Krause & Woosnam for the quinella?

Reply #85753 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

Scanlon for the men is my dark horse. Not too much competition from other players except maybe a couple of games.

Reply #85762 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Scanlon too inconsistent for my liking. Look at his FG% over some games its poor. In others it looks like hes dominated but when he shoots poorly by the stats the team loses, and this has happened a few to many times by what I can see

Reply #85806 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

Yeah I forgot that refs sit down and analyse the stats before lodging their votes....

Reply #85816 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

Yeah I forgot that refs sit down and analyse the stats before lodging their votes....

Reply #85817 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Heard you the first time. Hey, the HSA/stats had Oscar in 2nd last year, so that method wasn't far off. I can't remember how the voting works (referees allocate points for the game?), but I think it favours the winning team, right? Scanlon, 4W, 10L. Ng, 13W, 2L.

Have a look through the games and I think there are a fair few were Scanlon posted decent numbers (e.g., 25 points against West on Apr 23), but he would lose votes to someone else (e.g., in that game, Phillips 29 points, 8 rebounds, 8 assists).

Easily South's MVP but could be a long shot for the medal.

Reply #85825 | Report this post

Phizzer  
Years ago

Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't both teams coaching staff and the umpires have 10 points to award as they see fit after each ABL match?

For example, can give 5 players 2 points, or 6 to one, 2 to 2 players and so on.

Still works that way?

Reply #85831 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How Bout a ROY .. any ideas ?

Reply #85834 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

And a MIP too. Who are the contenders in each of these?

Craddock and Molitor have been pretty good for West. Madgen has upped his scoring. Braithwaite at Southern has gone from 6.9 PPG to leading his team.

Reply #85836 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Krause is a long shot but has been big recently! Cooper will get the most votes there.

Reply #85851 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If there was such an award, Dougie would be favourite to win his 4th consecutive 6th man award.

Although Brenton Cambell, Nick Cambell(mavs), Sheppard, Franchesena, Craddock, Molitor, have all had big years for their teams off the bench!

Ng for Wollacott!

Reply #85876 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You say Hambour only had a couple of big games, yet he is averaging 16, 11, 4.

Thats pretty good in my eyes.

Reply #85889 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Panther you don't need to sit down and analyse stats to know that a guy shot a WHOLE bunch of shots and made sweet bugger all

Reply #85907 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Woolacott - Ng/Dix

Halls - M.Bowley/Woosnam/Lorenzini

Female u21 - Lorenzini

Male u21 - Gange/Craddock?

Reply #85973 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

Male u-21 Try Hill still 19

Reply #85980 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Everyteam's BEST chance:

Men

Sturt - Ng
South - Scanlon
Norwood - Cooper
Woodville - Puddifoot
North - Hambour
West - Phillips
Southern - Alexander
Eastern - Hill
Central - Vandenberg

Women

Sturt - M Bowley
South - Browne
Norwood - Hurst
Woodville - ?????
North - Lorenzini
West - Woosnam
Southern - Beatty
Eastern - Williams
Central - Conn

Reply #85987 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Woodville women would be Sidebottom or Barratt??

Reply #85989 | Report this post

WRC  
Years ago

Erin Lorenzini completely shut down Kelson last weekend - would have to be the toughest guard in the league, and one of the shining stars of the future.
She get's my vote.

For the men, it's definitely out of Ng, Dix and Vandenberg. These guys continue to dominate.

Reply #86393 | Report this post

stockton  
Years ago

I may have to back my man Scanlon. He has had some games where his shot has been off but when that happens he works harder in defence to still have an impact. Out of a team of players that won't necessarily challenge him in the way Forestville or Sturt pinch votes off each other (besides L. Smith who's had some solid performances), I'd put him in as a dark horse.

Reply #86533 | Report this post

In the Know  
Years ago

Alexander for Southern?? You are joking. FIrstly he gives it to the refs all the time, and secondly he isn't the best. Perhaps Tristian Braithwaite.

Reply #86534 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Darren Ng with daylight behind him. Darren is having a stand out season, with a sweet shooting touch. May suffer from other notables in the team but his consistent season should see him win the medal.

The women will be harder to pick, Vikki Kelson will attract votes but not enough to give her a fourth medal. Sam Woosman will give it a shake as will Erin Lorenzi, personally I'd be looking to Forestville for the winner. Like Sturt they will have players who will take votes off of each other, however, Sturt IMO do not have a stand out go to take the game by the scruff of the neck type player, like Lindsay or Ranford.

Reply #86613 | Report this post

D Brent  
Years ago

im backing twinkle toes.....oh woops i thought we were talking about the award for slowest skuller of a yaeger bomb, cancel that my money is on todd 'carwash man' gower. :o

Reply #86637 | Report this post

pj  
Years ago

just on the comment of lorenzini shutting down kelson last weekend, what game were you watching? kelson limped through the whole game injured, and still performed. as she has for the last few weeks. some peopke just have no idea

Reply #86788 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:35 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754