brad
Years ago

COACHES OUT OF ORDER

hey i just want to comment on coaches in general, i myself am a coach and i think that some coaches need to CHILLAX! 3 examples are the socceroos coach, the coach of the forrestville abl mens team and the coaching of a juniour sturt team. its getting to the stage were it could get ugly!!

Topic #7641 | Report this topic

anon  
Years ago

most tings in sturt are UGLY!!!

Reply #85725 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Which junior sturt team?

Reply #85741 | Report this post

brad  
Years ago

i dont really wanna say anon85741 but what i can say is it was a boys team under 12's and it was ugly mate

Reply #85750 | Report this post

daniel  
Years ago

Well Brad, different coaching approaches are needed based on the personality of the team. It's vary naive to say we should all just chill. Some teams need to have a coach getting on them and reminding them of what to do, and putting pressure on them to perform. Sometimes the players get energy from the coach, and the supporters !

If you are referring to how these coaches relate to the refs, well - playing the refs is part of the game! A well timed word here or there can alert refs to things being honestly missed, and getting in their ears can certainly help your team.

Reply #85758 | Report this post

brad  
Years ago

daniel coaching at junior level is not ment to be like that, the sturt inncident was at city south level and was disgusting, i guess u r from surt and thats what i expect from u guys

Reply #85822 | Report this post

daniel  
Years ago

nah, I'm not sturt actually - and like most people, I take that inference as an insult !

Reply #85826 | Report this post

V train  
Years ago

What do you mean getting in a refs ear, can sometimes alert them to things that are going on. What a load of rubbish as a referee of many years, all it does is gets the refs back up, and sometimes calls just might go the other way if they are 50/50. Anyway refs are out there to ref not take abuse from coaches who half the time dont know the rules or the interpretation of them anyway.
Its about time refs started handing out tech fouls left right and centre to any coaches who step over the line.

Reply #85849 | Report this post

here here V train!

lol nice one daniel...

n wats wrong with Guus Hiddink... pushin the japs around coz they're in his face... wudnt u? (not a racist comment) n went nutso when kewl missed a bread and butter shot against brazil...

lol but most of the time his face is emotionless... plus... whos to criticise a coach who last world cup took south africa(?) who wasnt expected to make finals took them to semi's (correct me if im wrong)... n now taking a country who hasnt been to world cup since 1972(?) turning the team into machines n looking ever so dangerous...

i love it!!

Reply #85919 | Report this post

although the theme song for socceroo's is kinda gay... lol sounds like a pop song... not very 'inspirational' :oP

Reply #85920 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Its about time refs started handing out tech fouls left right and centre to any coaches who step over the line. "

its about time refs with this attitude changed. they are there are part of the game not despite it. at least refs that have played or coached at a high level can understand what its like and some of those that havent can at least understand.

Reply #85925 | Report this post

brad  
Years ago

reefs think they own the game these days!!!!!!!

Reply #85970 | Report this post

brad  
Years ago

refs think they own the game these days!!!!!!!

Reply #85971 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

firstly this sturt hating needs to stop...its like kobe hating....based on jealousy. most people just know they arent good enough to be part of the exclusive club.

Reply #85981 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I thought you paid your fees and that was that.
How could it be exclusive?
I live at Mitcham who else would I play for?

Reply #85982 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think anyone there knows there is now two Sturts. One is the exclusive 'boys club' the other is the rest.

But hey they're getting results on the board so good on them.

Reply #85984 | Report this post

FM  
Years ago

Not a bad comment Daniel. I like how you refer to getting your players to do what you want first. Just adding a bit on the side at the refs.

If the coach is working hard to ensure his players are doing the right thing I am sure his frustration will be tolerated more than the coach who does nothing but just directs everything at the refs.

Reply #85986 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I can definatly see how you can criticise stusrt coaches...winning best over all club...thats pretty easy to do with bad coaching isnt it? Think about it...even if the club does have talented players...they need coaches to control them, no player makes it on their own. Bout time we got off sturts back i think

Reply #86021 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah,

Sturt's success has had nothing to do with their coaches.

What I can't understand is why other clubs don't have the same number of good players that Sturt do?

Becasue developing good players has nothing to do with good coaching.

NB(yes I was being sarcastic)

Reply #86024 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

is the two clubs thing to do with city south vs div 1/2's?

Reply #86027 | Report this post

brad  
Years ago

no its not, i think sturt are only good because of their recruting. i have 3 players in my team that came from sturt. i also have to say that in under10's city south they cheated for most of the season wich resulted in a team being pulled out of the comp. sturt think winning is everything

Reply #86058 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Coming from somebody from Forestville that is hilareous.

Look at your ABA teams mate. How many of them are actaully Forestville juniors. Probably 6 all up for both teams. Then go and look at Sturts.

Better still look at the junior teams at Forestville and have a look at how many come from other clubs.

Reply #86067 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I believe a coach does recruit players. Therefore saying that sturts recruiting is good is also saying that there coaching staff is good. So thankyou Brad

Reply #86075 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

ouch! battle of the silver spooners!

Reply #86078 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i guys are wakd,sturt suck

Reply #86079 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Brad

What do you mean Sturt cheated in the Under 10 City South Comp.

I thought that was social.

Reply #86094 | Report this post

brad  
Years ago

no mate they played a team that consisted of 4 under 12 players from div 1 and 2

Reply #86102 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:38 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754