cavolo
Years ago

Funny Sixers Season Ticket Packages Released

Hi all

(I just typed this long thing and it didn't post, so here I go for a second time!)

Checked the mail this morning, and guess what I got? 36ers season ticket information. On the surface, nothing important or major has changed.

Prices:
GOLD
(below concourse)
SILVER
(above)
Adult$320$280
Concession$260$225
Child (u/14)$160$130
Family (2 A, 2 CH)$750$635

Prices appear to be the same as last year, but will need to check - difference is though, last year provided 17 home games as opposed to 16 this year.

Notable member benefits include:
3 x 10% merchandise discount vouchers
Entry to a members day at DHD with team
Access to exclusive Sponsors club where members receive discount from 36ers sponsors.

Payments 'must' be received by 30th June - mmm, that doesn't give me much time to get $580 together.

One last thing of note, appears the logo has changed from:

PURA MILK
SIXERS
(Logo)

to

PURA MILK
36ERS - same font and type as SIXERS
(Logo)

No discounted tickets as tossed around and strongly requested from loyal fans based on years of loyalty - maybe they're waiting for new owners on this one?

Topic #7647 | Report this topic

cavolo  
Years ago

I just managed to find out how much I payed last year - $600 for 1 adult and 1 concession.

I think the Adult cost us $325 and concession was $275. That meant we adult was $19.12 per game, as opposed to $20 even this year, and concession was $16.18 per game last year, and $16.25 this year.

Therefore, no real increase - I also failed to mention in my previous post that 36ers are also offering a 'Junior Jammers' package to kids under 14. Seems quite good - consists of admission to 4 selected games plus goodies like hat, sticker etc.

Reply #85749 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

I think it is a bit strange asking for season ticket sales before the entire team is known......

Reply #85754 | Report this post

kobe8  
Years ago

No its not. The prices arent going to change either way. If you want to buy your ticket after the full team is anounced then do so. But the earlier the tickets are released the better

Reply #85760 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

17 home games last year? It was only 16, same as this year (32 game season).

Reply #85766 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

I think from memory we had 17 home games in the 03/04 season, which for some reason had a 33 game season. It has been a 32 game season for the last two seasons.

Reply #85767 | Report this post

cavolo  
Years ago

Sorry guys, my mistake - there were only 16 home games last seasons.

Reply #85778 | Report this post

Double Clutch  
Years ago

Not bad at all. What is impressive is the "Junior Jammers" package that Cavolo mentioned earlier, as it gives 2 free tickets to Wednesday games versus West Sydney and Cairns, one a very low crowd pulling team at the best of times coupled with the usual Wednesday night on Fox factor that keeps crowds down. A good move as these games won't sell out, so why not give some cheap tickets away, coupled with the fact that the parents will have to buy tickets to go along with their kids this should help attendance figures, as well as the atmosphere.

There is a lot to like here; the 10% member discount on merchandise is a little incentive that gives move value to the season ticket, coupled with $1 a game discount and chance to win a television will get my form in early.

Good work.

Reply #85782 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I assume silver = upper section gold = lower section as opposed to what is written in the original post

Reply #85783 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Prices are cheaper than last year. Last year there was a single season ticket price of $325 from memory. This year, gold is $320 and silver is $280. That's from $17.50 a game. If you had season tickets above the concourse (only a few people), you've been handed a $45 saving.

A good move - simple tiers and a slight decrease in prices.

Reply #85785 | Report this post

Sixers33  
Years ago

new logo? can anyone get us a pic of it?

Reply #85793 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

All sounds good.

EXCEPT why have a cut off date of 30 of June?

I would have thought perhaps a early bird discount of say $20 off and a free t-shirt or something like that, if you pay prior to 30th June would have been a better idea and than leave regular season ticket sales open pretty much until the first game?

What happens if someone approaches the club for a season ticket in August will they get turned away?

Reply #85802 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

Think it may have to do with the sale and so on. A new owner post June 30 may have their own ideas of selling tickets?

Reply #85803 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

I haven't had time to read the information properly but my impression was that payment before 30th June would give you an entry to win one of three televisions. If you are not interested in the TV's then you may have longer to pay.

Reply #85847 | Report this post

jonny  
Years ago

Correct EC.

Reply #85871 | Report this post

Jazz  
Years ago

The way it reads to me is that if you pay in full by the 30th you go in the draw for the TVs. But if you use the Easy-pay option you don't go in the draw.
But you still have to buy the tickets by the 30th which ever option you choose.
If it is a definite cut off date of the 30th to ensure you get the same seats as last year. Then that is pathetic, considering all the uncertainty about the clubs sale and the final import. To give season ticket holders 10 days to decide is pretty bad.

Reply #85882 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think it is a cut off date, i thought it was just for the TV but in the how to buy bit where the method of mayment etc is is does say it pay buy the 30th. It is stupid to give people that little time to find the cash or make a decision. People who are weighing up if they want to buy will more than likley not buy due to the forced timeline. As someone mentioned just have them open until the start of the season but have the TV as a way to get people to buy now.

Reply #85894 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

It is definitely a cut-off date for the early-bird sales with the TV prizes. If you want to take your time on making a decision and not try for the TVs, they'll be selling memberships until the start of the season or until they've sold out.

If you're thinking about buying a ticket, I personally think the early purchase is a smart idea. If not too many get around to renewing by June 30, you've got a better chance of winning the TV anyway.

Reply #85897 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

thats cool, i was getting mine in anyway but i thought it applied to ALL sales of season tickets which obviously makes it hard on people and allows no marketing.

Reply #85898 | Report this post

ShaneD  
Years ago

I am not parting with ANYTHING until the future of the stadium (and indeed the club) is clear.

ShaneD

Reply #85912 | Report this post

Deej13  
Years ago

Where is all of this information coming from ? I did not have season tickets last year but am very interested in getting them this season. After looking at the 36ers site via NBL.com I only found a number to call which was venuetix and when I rang it, the guy I spoke to had no idea about season tickets to the 36ers. Is there another way ofgetting info over the net or another way of purchasing the tickets ? Any help would be appreciated.

Reply #85914 | Report this post

Jazz  
Years ago

How does that apply to getting the same seats as last season?
ie if I wait am I guaranteed to get the same seats

Reply #85916 | Report this post

Double Clutch  
Years ago

Deej13,call 8444 6444. The club directly sells season tickets, not venue-tix, they only sell individual game tickets.

Reply #85921 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Deej13, ring the Sixers on 8444 6444 for now. Jazz, I'd call them to clarify too or try their contact form on www.adelaide36ers.com.

ShaneD - admittedly, it's a bit up in the air, but I think you can fairly safely assume that you'll be watching Phil Smyth coaching the current nine players plus an import at the Distinctive Homes Dome. A lot of these things are locked in via contracts so if there are any crazy changes (like moving venue) that wouldn't happen this season. The venue is definitely locked in and I can't see anyone coming in a couple of months before the season tips off and cleaning out the team to start again.

Reply #85923 | Report this post

Double Clutch  
Years ago

And just to back up Isaac's point, Bruce Carter confirms in the letter to season ticket holders that the DHD will be used this season.

Reply #85926 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

thats true also confirmed people are talking "Title Town" again :-)

Reply #85936 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

The season tickets may not be any dearer than last year but has anyone studied the carpark price. $111 for 16 games all paid upfront equates to almost $7 per game (assuming you go to all games). If I'm not mistaken, last year it was only around the $65-$70 mark. I wonder how much the carpark will cost on a casual basis?

Reply #85958 | Report this post

DDFan  
Years ago

I'm over the moon. Silver ticket discount for same area, & can scream my lungs out (long story). BTW, the original & authentic DDFan, North DD40 seat is on the market. Great seat. Above concourse, backing onto corporate boxes, no-one behind you, inline with our free throw line for the second half. Mongrel heaven. Ear-plugs mandatory. :)

Reply #85963 | Report this post

DJM  
Years ago

Always wondered where DDFan reference came from!

Reply #85974 | Report this post

Sixers33  
Years ago

http://www.adelaide36ers.com/membership/membership.jpg

Reply #86092 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:29 pm, Thu 28 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754