Phizzer
Years ago

Dallas vs Miami Game 5 (spoiler)

Wow, wish I could have watched it instead of hitting F5 to refresh box score.

101-100, Miami in overtime.

Looks like Miami snuck away with it, Dallas missing some important free throws down the stretch, mind you, Miami was 32-49 FT. Shaq was 2-12 FT and Wade was 21-25 FT.

Wade has 43 points and Shaq had 18 and 12.

For Dallas, Terry with 35, Dirk with 20 and Howard with 25 and 10.

Anyone care to ellaborate who actually saw the game?

Topic #7649 | Report this topic

skip  
Years ago

I havnt yelled that much at my computer in such a long time. Felt good actually, I probably looked a bit like the Angry German Kid tho!

Wade was the man hitting the shot to take them to OT and then sinking the 2 crucial shots from the line.

Go Miami. I stand by my call for them to win in 6!

Reply #85777 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

As if Wade shot as many FTs as the whole Dallas team!

Looks like the Howard scoring 20+ = Dallas win thing is well and truly busted (2 of the last 3 he had more than 20 and the Mavs lost)

Reply #85780 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

A game that should have been won by Dallas but Wade was huge down the stretch.

Dallas ballsed up some plays and they all seemed to be at important times.

I Likes Cuban wearing a Stackhouse singlet and sitting behind the bench.

Shaq was again aweful from the line and Dallas at one stage looked like that would break a playoff record for consecutive team free throws...until the clutch when the missed.

Hack a Shaq was in effect as Dallas' 3 centres all logged 4+ fouls on him.

Reply #85789 | Report this post

D wade is unstoppable at the moment. The last quarter was basically 'get him the ball and get out of the way'

What a game, most entertaining one ive seen in a while. Jason Terry, not dirk, is keeping dallas in this series.

Reply #85798 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

I thought the game was rather boring most the time because there was so many foul shots.

Dallas's play to foul shaq off of the ball so he would have foul shots is pretty much the same as flooding in football I think. I guess its fair enough though whatever it takes to win is all that matters.

While D Wade is getting great numbers I dont think he has had it this hard compared to the other series. Devin Harris Defense on him has been outstanding, there seems to be nothing more he can do on Wade the guy is just too good.

It was also very amusing to see Dirk attack an exercise bike after the game what a dork :P

Reply #85810 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

Awesome game, one of the best finals games i've seen in a while. I was actually kind of disappointed as to how the game finished with Howard making a HUGE stuff up by calling a time in between Wade's final free throws when they should've called it after he made them. This meant that they had to inbound the ball from the baseline instead of the front court and considering they had around 2 seconds left didn't leave them with a very good final shot to win it.
Avery Johnson tried to take back the time out call but officials were forced to take it.
That ending would have really hurt both Howard and his team mates and the anger from the loss was obvious with Dirk taking his frustrations out on everything in his way back to the lockers. Was almost reminiscent of C Web's time out blunder in College!
May have broken the spirit of a very determined Dallas team...
Oh and Wade was unbelievable!!!!!!!!!

Reply #85812 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

From ESPN's Chris Sheridan:

Josh Howard was patient with my line of postgame questioning for about 30 or 40 seconds, and then he sort of lost it.

"What am I saying to you right now, dog? Please, don't come off on me right now because I'm going to come off on you, and I'm not in a great mood right now. Get out of my face, man. Get out of my face."
Howard insisted that he didn't, as the referees believed, call for timeout twice, but only made the T hand signal to his coach. In his college days he apparently made a Webber-style TO blunder too, so there's a touch of history.

Reply #85821 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

damn man thats 2 outta the 3 games in miami that dallas shoulda won...they're chokin at the line in the late stages...just gotta hope they can go back to dallas now n get the wins!! They aint gonna do it stoppin wade cause he is a freak, dirk needs to step up this series

Reply #85839 | Report this post

Libertine  
Years ago

Anyone else think Wade was backcourt on that final play?

Reply #85841 | Report this post

I just watched the replay... what a crappy way for the game to end

Reply #85852 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Libertine,

In the US they only call passing back when it is deliberate.

Reply #85866 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Only call passing back when it's deliberate? How could it only be an accident? The line-up of players for the inbound pass started at one foul line and by the time Wade received the ball, he was almost at the opposite end.

http://www.zippyvideos.com/6005480305406336/violation/

Reply #85868 | Report this post

Hoop Addict  
Years ago

I think you'll find that in the US (well, certainly in College & High School) passing back violations don't occur on inbounds passes. So you're free to inbound the ball from the frontcourt into the backcourt anytime. I assume this is also the case in the NBA.

The only way for it to have been a violation in that case is if Wade had jumped from the frontcourt, caught it in the air, and landed in the backcout. I think you'll see him trying to make a big stride to plant a foot in the backcourt before jumping to receive the pass to avoid the violation. Even that I would say was 50/50, but obviously was given the benefit of the doubt.

Reply #85872 | Report this post

lockstock  
Years ago

I think Josh Howard's face after the time out was called said it all - Guilty.
I too loved the 'get D wade the ball and get the hell outta the way' offence Miami ran to perfection in the 4th. They were double and triple teaming him all quarter and he still scored. What a player

Reply #85930 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:14 pm, Thu 28 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754