Heat @ Mavs Games 6 *SPOILER*

HEAT WIN!
IN SIX AS I PREDICTED!!!
95 - 92 Final

Topic #7664 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

Oops, just posted another topic on this. Will re-add it here:

Miami are the NBA champions, winning 95-92. Wade's 36/10/5 should see him be crowned Finals MVP?

Dirk had 29 and 15, but Terry's 7/25 FG didn't help the Mavs chances.

Reply #86030 | Report this post

Phizzer  
Years ago

Was going to say how "ice" Wade was, sinking 4/4 FT, but then missed last 2. But grabbed rebound and secured win.

Did Shaq really influence Finals that much?

So happy, I've been a Heat fan since 1992, great to see them finally get one!

Reply #86033 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Good call Isaac, and WTF was Terry doin shooting that pull up 3 to tie it? Poor percentage shot, dude had shot 7-25 and 3-11 from 3pt.... maybe pass to Dirk on a pick and pop, not look for your own shot! Well done Heat with Shaq playing sh*t....Go D.Wade!

Reply #86039 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Shaq playing crap but still drawing a double team.

Reply #86040 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Zo and GP got their rings!!!!!! Shaq got his ring without Kobe.

Reply #86042 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Wade got Finals MVP.

Real happy to see Payton get a ring. I always wanted to see him get with back with the Sonics. A player that really deserves to have NBA Champion along side his name.

Reply #86047 | Report this post

wolly  
Years ago

yes now payton can retire

Reply #86093 | Report this post

great to see shaq win without kobe (waits and sees if fezlington will post in this thread lol)

D wade is the best player in the league

Reply #86103 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

did anyone see payton grab terry's shirt when he shot that last 3????
that could have been an unsportsman like and 3 free throws because it was in continuation with the shot.

Reply #86104 | Report this post

52-Cans  
Years ago

Oh shit hey Anonymous, just noticed that!

I'm guessing the refs gave the advantage for Jason Terry seeing he had an open 3 pointer instead of giving him 2 shots. A good no call from the refs!

Reply #86105 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Try again (is the last 8 minutes of game six):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJMQjFdUsq0&mode=related&search=

Reply #86108 | Report this post

Nutwork  
Years ago

Shaq did influence the whole series. He drew double and triple teams every game and freed up Haslem, Posey and Walker to contribute. Great effort by D. Wade, he is exceptional. Bad luck Dirk & the Mavs, Terry was great all playoffs but I think they miss one player, maybe a low post scorer. It was a great playoffs all round and let's hope Andrew Bogut is in them a bit longer next year.

Reply #86112 | Report this post

Go the Heat!

I'm glad GP and Mourning got championship rings- after all the ups and downs over the years I think they both finally deserved it.

And like was said in the Shaq thread, his presence freed up Posey etc for plenty of opportunities- stat's don't mean everything (except when they're talking about Shaq's free throw shooting).

Reply #86122 | Report this post

John Lawrence  
Years ago

it was great to see 2 players who really deserved to get their rings receive them at last. Gary Payton, who has worked harder than most over his career without the fanfare, and Alonzo Mourning, who has faced and maybe conquered his demons with his first championship after almost having his career terminated early with a kidney disorder. Congrats GP and
Zo... YOU'VE EARNED IT!

Reply #86133 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm sure as Gary and Zo read this post, they will share a tear of joy with us all........

We did it guys, we finally got that ring, momma be so proud....

Reply #86136 | Report this post

lockstock  
Years ago

Forgot to mention Antoine Walker who probably deserves one too.

Reply #86150 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Now that the Heat have won the title, the big question is yet to be asked:

Whatever happened to Harold Miner?

Reply #86165 | Report this post

shaun  
Years ago

shaq does more for the heat then most people realise, the help he is to dwade is amazing.

1 on 1, no one can stop shaq, so he draws attention away from wade which allows him to get that space and peneration.

heat for the repeat?

zo getting 5 blocks?

walkers shimmy?

golden

Reply #86180 | Report this post

52-Cans  
Years ago

Agreed with Shaun.

Remember Wade before Shaq? 14ppg
Wade with Shaq, 24 and 27ppg

Of course you could use the argument Wade got more of the ball and he improved... But meh!

Reply #86184 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You could also make the arguement that Wade was a rookie the season before Shaq joined the Heat.

Reply #86236 | Report this post

Hillbilly  
Years ago

wade sux

Reply #86411 | Report this post

Hillbilly  
Years ago

just joking wades the best player in the leauge

Reply #86412 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hi dwyane IM your biggest fan

Reply #128824 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:22 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754