Postie
Years ago

ABL Allstar game

Whatever happened to that?

Was it always going to be just a once off?

I think that this year would be a great year to have it again, with the quality of some of the players around!

Topic #7675 | Report this topic

Interested  
Years ago

I totally agree, would be a great idea to have it before the NBL season starts, ? a good way of promoting the NBL and letting those who don't go to ABL games see how good the playersare and the quality of the games.

Reply #86179 | Report this post

brad  
Years ago

sounds sweet,when was the last all sart game?

Reply #86183 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

The year before last. Held at Pasadena.

Reply #86192 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

The Dragons have organised thier own all star game of sorts.

Pre season game Dragons vs Big V All stars - including 3 point shoot out and slam dunk competition at half time, maybe more clubs around the league should look at doing something like this?

Reply #86204 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

You don't seriously think that Phil Smyth has any initiative do you????

Reply #86240 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The dragons are easily leading the way in the nbl in their offcourt activities. It will be interesting to see if their offcourt activities lead to oncourt success in the next couple of yrs.

Reply #86242 | Report this post

Anonymous 86242 you are spot on. By all accounts The Dragons are probably the most professional organisation in the NBL currently. The roster they have compiled is a testament to that professionalism and should see them challenge for the title in the first 3 years.

Reply #86248 | Report this post

boost  
Years ago

Panther,

Since when is it up to Phil Smyth to organise these type of events? Job Description would be quite detailed wouldnt it?

I would think it would've been a Paul Bauer job who would need the ok from CEO and Phil

Reply #86249 | Report this post

Sue Yang  
Years ago

Senior Committee voted against an All Star game for this year. Previous All Star game was organised by myself and Dusan Vavic on behalf of the Senior Committee.

Reply #86306 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sue, why was it voted against? not enough interest?

Reply #86318 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:30 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754