cheezeburger
Years ago

2006 NBA Draft thoughts

???number 1 pick???who do you want your team to draft???

Topic #7688 | Report this topic

CC  
Years ago

Well Detroit is my team and there first pick is the last pick but i cant wait to see the youngstar from Gonzaga Adam Morrison. He is absolutly unbelieveable. He completely teared it up in college and cant wait to see how he will go this year in the big league. Dissapointed about Newly pulling out thought he would over been great.

Reply #86327 | Report this post

M Dizzle  
Years ago

Raptors traded for Nesterovic...may mean they look towards Morrison rather than Aldridge with their pick. Id like my Bobcats to pick up Rudy Gay, but when you need a wing player and Gay, Morrison & Roy are all there you can't really go wrong.

Reply #86336 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Aldrige? Morrison? Yeah good players at the collage level but Morrison needs the ball in his hand (has to be a hog) and poeple dont know if he can do it in the L. But can i here someone say rudy gay or thomas. I mean have you seen thomas play. He is no. 1 fo this draft. as for my beloved Lakers Hopfully Farmer will drop to #26 push smush to the 2 kobe to the 3 and odom to the 4

Reply #86357 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

I'm going the darkhorse, Bargnani to be the first pick. The Toronto Raptors hired Gherardini who is/was the GM on Bargnani's Italian team and for once Bargnani is someone that wants to play in Canada. The trade for Rasho throws a curve ball into the mix for Aldridge. Aldridge could be the one that slides down the draft.

The Bulls (or Suns) to pick Tyrus (if the Marion for Chandler trade goes down. Proposed deal is Marion for Chandler and No 2). Tyrus teamed up with Chandler, Amare and Nash dishing them the ball is scary. Chuck in Bell, Boris and Tim Thomas WOW!!!!!)

I'd like Gay or Ammo with our pick at #3. Gay had a 2nd workout with the Cats, whilst Aldridge, Tyrus and Roy all pulled out of their first work outs. Someone is going to slide down the draft ladder past the Cats. Gay and Wallace on the wings would be a defensive nightmare for the opposition. If either Tyrus or Aldridge are still on the board then I'd expect the Cats to pass them over and grab Gay, Ammo or Roy.

Farmer shouldn't be around at #26. Thinking late teens or very early twenties for him.

Reply #86365 | Report this post

ahh! Phoenix better not trade Marion!

I hope Bobcats get Thomas. What a player. Did anyone see the game v Duke how he broke the whole press by himself then got the block like 5 seconds later? Best play ever!

Reply #86386 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

TR, are you being serious? Phoenix are considering trading Marion for Chandler and the No.2???
I know it looks OK for Phoenix on paper, but we're talking one of the best players in the league here...

Reply #86410 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Yeah, it's a rumour, but I think it does hold some merit of both teams. Also floating around is Kurt Thomas and #21 to the Sonics for #10.

The Suns have been trying to off load Marion for a while, but it's one of those trades where you'll never get the returns you want (e.g. Shaq trade). Chandler and the number 2 does fill some holes and is pretty good for Marion. Plus it gets Marion out of the Western Conference unlike a trade to the Wolves for KG or similar in an attempt to get equal value.

Chandler gets up and down the floor for a seven footer, but is reknown for his defence. The Suns have the chance in getting a cheaper, younger, more athletic version of Marion in Tyrus Thomas. Yes he's unproved at this level, but I'd be willing to give it a shake. Plus the Suns get some cap back. The Suns don't loose any athleticism and they get two guys that will rebound and block shots for Marion.

This is a wierd draft with 5 potential number 1's in Bargnani, Tyrus, Aldridge, Ammo and Gay. The Bulls also hold the #16 pick and the talent from 7 down to 16 is pretty constant (from all reports).

If the Bulls do the trade then they get a bonafide NBA star without effecting their offence too much (as in taking points away from the roster), a rabid rebounder and all they lose is some shotblocking ability. Chandler offers very little on offence. Toss up between Marion at a double double or Chandler at very ordinary number.

With the #16 they could look at Sene. He's a project, but with some very nice numbers, 7'0", 237 pounds, but with a wing span of 7'8". Don't tell me he'd to any worse than Chandler. Chandler has a fat contract for little return.

Also around the 16th pick, the Bulls would have a chance at Hilton Armstrong, Josh Boone, Freeland. Remember that the Bulls are miles under the cap and could go out and buy a Centre. In the triangle they will get away with an average centre. The Bulls also have some tradable stock in Gordon, Duhon, Deng, Nocini. All young and talented.

Both teams stand to win. If I'm the Bulls I'm drooling at the chance to add Marion, if I'm the Suns I'm hanging out with a chub to add a defensive presence with Chandler and potentially the next coming of Marion in Tyrus and adding some cap space.. Trading Marion means they can resign Boris.

I'm hanging for a block buster... "do it"

Reply #86416 | Report this post

Wouldnt it be funny if the trade went through then toronto picked up tyrus :O :O

Reply #86423 | Report this post

mr clutch  
Years ago

tyrus thomas is overrated. he going to be the next kwame brown - he's a pure athlete with little abilities. i also heard a rumor - chandler, duhon and 15th pick for odom. this would be a good deal for the lakers. give them a legitimate starting five, with a bit of depth.

Reply #86468 | Report this post

cheezeburger  
Years ago

well i think its locked on that the italian will be at toronto for pick 1.

Reply #86469 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Not sure if the Bulls to the Laker trade for Odom. No way in hell am I giving a defensive centre (which the Lakers really need), a point guard (which the Lakers really need) an the 16th pick for Odom who's a powerforward/pointforward that the Bulls don't really need. Bulls give up too much.

Reply #86502 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:08 am, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754