Rimstar
Years ago

Locking and deleting topics.

Sorry, but you guys are pathetic. It's like being in China or the Middle East to post to this forum. If there is something you don't like, or cuts a bit close to the bone, it gets deleted or locked. I believe this is Australia, and we still have freedom of speech (at least what's left of free speech after political correctness has had it's way!!). So why can't we openly discuss topics on here without your heavy-handed approach and nannying by the moderators here. It's all a bit precious, isn't it?
Let's face it; basketball in general is going down the drain. No TV support, no one cares, and it's all becoming far too "Americanised" for most Aussies. We need to get back to grass roots. For example, look at Baseball. In Australia, who cares. It's probably the most boring sport on the planet, revved up by a commentator dribbling rubbish and a Wurlitzer!! And that's where we're heading. So stop deleting and locking - you just might actually learn something!!!!

Topic #7758 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

IBTL :-)

Reply #87022 | Report this post

Dr Damage  
Years ago

Pinch and a punch for the first of the month!!

No returns.

Reply #87023 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

Maybe it's because this is a privately run forum, that has rules in place about posting either purely stupid, inflammatory or libellious / slanderous topics.

I guess your the fool responsible for the coaches ego thread, which has nothing to do with enhancing basketball culture in this state.

If you want to have freedom of expression, go start up your own blog site, have your say, and enjoy the law suits roll in!

Reply #87026 | Report this post

Cat in the Hat  
Years ago

Yogee - you are of course correct, posting things that are inflammatory,libellious or slanderous is against the rules, and rightly so.

But "purely stupid" stuff? I thought that must be OK ;)

Reply #87027 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

I think this topic should be deleted...

Reply #87029 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Or at least locked ;)

Reply #87031 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lock it and delete it for sure!

Reply #87040 | Report this post

Rimstar  
Years ago

Who posts here; 12 year olds? No, I'm not responcible for the "Coaches Ego" post. I like people with an ego anyway. It's far better than 95% of people who are the faceless majority. I'm talking about critisizing the officials and management. About the direction of Basketball. About anything that upsets the "Net Nanny" moderators of this site. I agree that you can't slander or debase people, use racism or sexism etc. But, come on, let's use this public forum openly and correctly. You lock and delete posts way outside your own guidelines. The two things I hate are political correctness and civil libertarians - the people who think they can force their beliefs and lifestyle on the rest of us. That's what I'm talking about. See, this is how to use a forum. Get your point across maturely, clearly and without breaking the rules.

Reply #87044 | Report this post

Charlie  
Years ago

i am responsible for the 'coaches ego' thread. i respect isaac, this site and all associated moderators. in any other sport you can critically examine the roles of the coaches and their influence on the game, style, structure and players.
i have seen players constantly slagged on this forum yet the coaches are untouchable? coaching is a tough job, but so is playing the game. i was not hoping for thread dedicated to slagging off coaches.
i would have hoped that there were enough intelligent people out there to look at the positive and negative elements of a coaches 'makeup' to generate some constructive discussion. People who saw it as a 'witch hunt' have a limited understanding of what a discussion can generate.

Reply #87050 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Rimstar, put your name and address to a controversial post and accept all legal responsibility and then I'll let it stand if it doesn't breach the guidelines. Remember that when things get messy, I cop the legal threats and phone calls from unhappy administrators, coaches, players and so on.

Locking a topic about junior coaches egos that would inevitably descend into a flamewar isn't holding basketball back.

Any other locked or deleted threads worrying you? Some locked recently have been those which've dropped into personal fights going nowhere. Deleted threads have been all spam, duplicates, or ridiculous topics from Brad.

Reply #87051 | Report this post

brad  
Years ago

even though some of my topics have been locked i can now see why,some are just pointless

Reply #87057 | Report this post

Charlie  
Years ago

not once did i mention junior coaches. attacking junior coaches would be detrimental to the good work most coaches at junior level do. they give up their free time for little or no money and the demand that disgruntled parents and players put on them must drive them crazy.
i was thinking more of senior coaches and adult players. i dont wish to attempt to reactivate a closed thread but i am not a fool yogee.

Reply #87061 | Report this post

brad  
Years ago

well said mate

Reply #87062 | Report this post

Axe man  
Years ago

This is still one of the best forums to get your point of view across & even do a bit of stirring. All sucking aside, I think the moderators do a pretty good job with what must be a night mare to watch over.

What irks me is not the locked threads it is some of the attitudes to some people posting on here having a bit of a stir.

This is a perfect forum to post a bit of a stir and cause a bit of a stoush with some people other than the moderators that seem to think the only thigs that should be discussed here are stats and NBA draft picks.

If you want to talk stats and stuff, go for it this is a great site to do it. But to the regulars that have a go at posters for making "stupid comments", I would ask them to chill out a bit.

Speaking from my personal experiances on this site I have peed my self laughing at how uptight some people get by some silly little comments that are posted.

This site is fantastic & it is up to the individual to get what they like out of the site while following the moderators guide lines. If thats talking some serious hoops, go for it. If it is having a stir while keeping within the guidelines so be it.

If all "stupid comments" were taken off this site it would not be worth a look at.

Each to his/her own.

Reply #87138 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:00 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754