Harry E
Years ago

Trades - Villanueva for TJ Ford

First big trade, the Bucks pick up Villanueva for Ford and cash considerations. The Bucks with Bogut and Villanueva in the paint for years to come could be a force to be reckoned with

Topic #7759 | Report this topic

52-Cans  
Years ago

But now Bogut will be fighting for minutes.... Silly Bucks!

Reply #87030 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

Silly for Bucks, but great for Toronto.
Gets rid of one the guys that would've been fighting for minutes with Bargnani coming in, and then they get a lighning quick point to run the show.
But now the Bucks are faced the problem of finding minutes for Bogut, Magloire, Gadzuric AND Villaneuva, unless they do the smart thing and trade one of them (Jamaal!!). I just don't get why you would trade a point for a 3/4 when you already are struggling to give the big guys minutes&

Reply #87034 | Report this post

52-Cans  
Years ago

Another thing I can't understand is Atlanta.....

Ok they got Marvin Williams last season only to realise, oh shit no court time for him and they needed a proper PG (Joe Johnson is awesome PG but so much better at SG), then they draft another forward in Shelden Williams? When will the Hawks learn!

Reply #87037 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bucks are going to trade Magloire which is going to free up some minutes, plus they will get another guard out of that trade, someone to compliment Redd

Reply #87039 | Report this post

cheezeburger  
Years ago

oi 52 cans dig a hole. sheldon is no 3 man forward. hes a legit pf/c who is ready to bang with the best of then straight away. he is prob one of the only nba ready players in the draft.

Reply #87049 | Report this post

hurley509  
Years ago

bogut wont be fighting for time hes playing as center next season, villaneuva is PF.

Reply #87066 | Report this post

Years ago

This is how the Bucks should look, when they get rid of Jamaal Magloire:

Starters
C - Andrew Bogut
PF - Charlie Villenueva
SF - Bobby Simmons
SG - Michael Redd
PG - Maurice Williams

Reserves
C - Dan Gadzuric
PF - Joe Smith
SF - Toni Kukoc
SG - Jiri Welsch
PG - Charlie Bell
C - Ervin Johnson
SF - Damir Markota (a good 6'10" shotblocker, could bulk up and eventually be a PF)
SF - David Noel (a good athlete, could see some time as a SG)
SG - Reece Gaines
PG - Jermaine Jackson

I still think that Atlanta should trade Josh Childress. Possibly get PG Brevin Knight from Charlotte, although I'm not sure the Bobcats would pull the trigger. Knight would be the perfect distributor and floor leader for this group. They'd look like this if that happened:

Starters
C - Zaur Pachulia
PF - Shelden Williams
SF - Josh Smith
SG - Joe Johnson
PG - Brevin Knight

Reserves
C - David Anderson (Finally get him to sign Atlanta!)
PF - Solomon Jones
SF - Marvin Williams
SG - Salim Stoudamire
PG - Tyronn Lue
C - John Edwards
PF - Esteban Batista
SF - Donta Smith
SG - Anthony Grundy
PG - Royal Ivey

Reply #87070 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

It's a good trade for the Bucks. They can now have Mo as their starting PG and have Charlie Bell backing up.

The Bucks managed to get Charlie V without giving up Mags from Toronto meaning that he is still available to be traded for a thug/rebounding powerforward. Charlie at the sf position would be awesome.

Imaging if Larry can trade Mags for Troy Murphy or Carlos Boozer plus good scrubs.

Starting five of:
C: Bogut (his true position)
PF: Mags trade (Murphy/Boozer)
SF: Charlie V
SG: Michael Redd
PG: Mo Williams / Charlie Bell

Bench
Bobby S (6th man of the year candidate)
Gadz
Kukoc
Bell
Scrub #1
Scrub #2

That's a deep 9 man rotation. I like the move.

Reply #87129 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Cheeze, your right. Shelden is a stud 4, small 5. He's a bruiser which is something your boys needed. He was the best available at #5.

Selecting Sene or O'Bryant (both loaded with potential) was too much of a risk. Unless LMA slid then Shelden was the man. The Hawks in the past have also selected on potential, not on need. This is the first time in a while they have selected on need over potential.

Reply #87130 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

well said TR , the bucks just got super versatile and you summed it up nicely .

Reply #87144 | Report this post

davo  
Years ago

good trade bu the bucks IMO, Mo Williams and Bell both played very well when TJ was absent last year. This trade gives them a bit more scoring punch up front.

Reply #87145 | Report this post

Atlanta would be crazy to trade Childress, he's a future player. Can JJ run the point, have Smith at 2 Chidlress 3 Marvin 4 Shelden 5.

Reply #87239 | Report this post

So how about Phoenix, the team to beat this year

Nash
Bell
Marion (if they dont trade him grr)
Amare
Diaw

Terry and the Mavs agreed on a six-year contract early Saturday morning that's worth approximately $50 million

I read that somewhere. I bet his $$ doubled due to his GF performances

Reply #87241 | Report this post

The Hamma  
Years ago

I think I read on Realgm that Terry actually took less then what he was looking for in a "Home town discount" what he called it Terry wants a ship and he wants to bring it back to Dallas lets hope that Marion doesn get traded ELG then u can have the great Tyson Chandler stinking it up on yor roster

Reply #87366 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:06 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754