brad
Years ago

Street court needs!

hey its becoming more obvious that in good old adels we are lacking street courts. Most schools have a court but most the time there private property. I no down at Brighton theres a small ring and the city the same thing. Am i blind or are there none. I think you would find more ballers if we had some more courts to ball on.

Peace

Topic #7772 | Report this topic

hurley509  
Years ago

whats your point man? people have been going crazy at the government/council for a while now to no avail. I feel like this is another cause i have to spearhead..... im happy to do it, but i need to know how to contact different places etc.

Reply #87118 | Report this post

brad  
Years ago

ye man too true, we should all write to local councils and do something. isaac is that the way we would do it?

Reply #87121 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

If anytime you thought about posting on the forum, you instead wrote a letter to your local council, I think that might work.

Reply #87126 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

brad

If there were street courts made available, then little MoFos would spray grafitti all over the place and generally trash the joint. That is the probably why councils lock these places and make them private property.

Reply #87134 | Report this post

Rhys  
Years ago

I got a street ball court around the corner from me and it aint trashed or grafitted all over. the only bad thing bout it that it doesnt have lines marked out on it so ya kinda have to guess

Reply #87136 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think the best idear would be something like 2 courts next to a place like city skate or somewhere of that nature and they should make like a $2 entry fee and lock up from 12am-10am or something like that. That way poeple going in would want to play ball there and the money can go towards making the facilities better. I mean if they can keep graff off the skate park there why not some courts.

Reply #87201 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Try cross road, between South and Goodwood roads. There are some tennis courts there, and I know there is a big concrete slab and a decent ring up there.
Alternatively, contact the council and ask where abouts their facilities are, they are only too happy to help. Its in their interest to have more people using them.

Reply #87202 | Report this post

brad  
Years ago

cheers boys

Reply #87212 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Isn't there already a court next to city skate??

Reply #87250 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's a ring with a small bit of concrete around it. Hardly conducive to proper play

Reply #87253 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

trinity church in goodwood. 2 outdoor courts you can use them when ever great surface and awesome rings. most summers it gets pumping with good 5 on 5 games. ask around most people no about it

Reply #87259 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:30 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754