Bulldog
Years ago

Tucker done for Cannabis

We all know about David Bailey being cut from Perth for testing positive for Cannabis, but he was also fined $5000.

Rashad Tucker also tested positive for Cannabis and was fined $5000 and reprimanded by the Australian Sports Anti-Doping Authority (ASADA).

Both were tested during the NBL season.

Topic #7792 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

wats the deal? its not a performance enhancer! i, personally, have never seen a players game improved by cannabis consumption! what does everyone else think??

Reply #87282 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

maybe but as a pro sport you cant be seen to support or be light on drugs in any form. It may be a more PR thing but thats the take they have to take.

Reply #87286 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Bet the Tigers dont sack him tho.

I would hope not too. Gives great ammunition for the coming season. :-)

Reply #87298 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

sure does Skip, maybe we can nickname Rashard " Towlie" (South Park joke for the uninitiated...)

Reply #87302 | Report this post

grindog  
Years ago

Would it be wrong to have the whole stadium chanting

PUFF PUFF GIVE!
PUFF PUFF GIVE!

Reply #87305 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

or use Miami's idea of the crowd all wearing white shirts and waving towels while players are at the free throw line, but substitute the shirts for nice tie died hippie shirts!

Reply #87317 | Report this post

hurley509  
Years ago

Cannabis is not a performance enhancer, it is a sensation enhander! they should legalise it! itd be legal if the government could tax it in some way

Reply #87321 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

They could easily tax it, but I suspect that the issues involving mental illness might prevent this from happening.

Reply #87322 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Nice call Hurley. Try dealing with someone whilst they are in a drug induced psychosis. Not the nicest experience, and yes, cannabis does bring it on.

There are enough druggies on the street without legalising anything and encouraging it.

Reply #87329 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

puff puff and pass

Reply #87330 | Report this post

sween  
Years ago

Many reasons as to the banning: Performance debilitating when considering legalised betting, team ambitions, teammate and supporter ambitions /expectations affected. Could be an indicator of a poor abilty to deal with stress. So expect serious trash when going down the stretch in a tight match, not just of the player but of the whole club!
Still an illegal substance so corporate image a concern when your running a business.

Reply #87335 | Report this post

John Lawrence  
Years ago

Hey Hurley, you're a tool for being so stupid and not understanding the real truths behind illegal drugs, and the physical dangers that they cause the people using them, and more importantly, the hurt caused to their family and friends by it.

Reply #87339 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

and alcohol and tobacco doesn't do any damage?

hurley's right (to an extent), it were easily controllable, the govt would legalise and tax it.

Reply #87342 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

ease up John, no need to get personal and call names....

Reply #87344 | Report this post

John Lawrence  
Years ago

just that I've seen the real effects of "recreational" drug use, and trust me, it wasn't pretty... familys broken up, close mates dead either physically or brain dead (just as bad as physically)!!! Any person who condones the use of such dangerous drugs don't have a clue about the real world.

Reply #87348 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

John, how about "each to their own" mate? No matter what happened in your life, no need to bag someone. The only right that we have in life is a right to have our own opinion. I would have thought that you would be the last person to start calling someone names on this forum....

Reply #87350 | Report this post

Stewie Griffen  
Years ago

John Lawrence....shame on you!!!

Reply #87355 | Report this post

Good Guys  
Years ago

DB5 the only reason you are upset with what John wrote is because he has the guts to put his real name to all his posts.
I agree with John Lawrence on this
issue.
There is no place in sports for any kind of recreational drugs

Reply #87356 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Like anything in life if you abuse you lose ! alcohol , drugs , gambling , eating , working too much , had to chuck that in .
Some people can dabble and be richer for the experience and some can not . There are too many invariables so we could argue for ever .
I will ask this question though , what is the difference between some obese person , out of breath , struggling to walk , while inhaling a hamburger , chips , coke , etc .
And an otherwise healthy , exercising , diet conscious , person that may inhale a bit of the herbal . The latter will live much longer .

Reply #87357 | Report this post

Good Guys  
Years ago

The drugs are far more dangerous than eating burgers anon!
However you are spot on that people in australia especialy dont consider the dangers of over eating/drinking etc etc the list go's on.

I also do not condone drink driving because of the dangers are so high.

Same is for drugs
as i said far more dangerous than the odd glass of wine or tosty tosty!!!!

Reply #87358 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

And an otherwise healthy , exercising , diet conscious , person that may inhale a bit of the herbal . The latter will live much longer .
Both of them...

Reply #87361 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

LOL , The drugs are more dangerous than eating burgers . take in the context mate , however i would equate an occasional puff of some fine south aussie outdoor to a glorious glass of the finest wines our state has to offer . Good luck , good guy .

Reply #87362 | Report this post

Randy Watson  
Years ago

Sitting back drinking my "herbal" tea with a "herbal" cookie on the side!

LG.....life's good!!!

(Geez I got the munchies!)

Reply #87368 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Good Guys

The SA Police test these days for Drink Driving and Drug Driving - they don't feel the need to test for Fat Behind The Wheel.

Guess they equate the wine/beer/weed a lot more dangerous than anything micky d can through at us.

Reply #87373 | Report this post

Good Guys  
Years ago

anon you have obviously not read my post correctly. That is exactly the point I was making. Silly to say that eating too much is as dangerous as illegal drugs:

i was replying to the anon response above which read

"I will ask this question though , what is the difference between some obese person , out of breath , struggling to walk , while inhaling a hamburger , chips , coke , etc .

Reply #87376 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Good Guys, I guess this your real name that you attach to your posts... I never agreed or disagreed with John, I was just stating that because someone does not agree with your opinion, does not mean that they are a tool and stupid!
is John Lawrence your dad?

Reply #87377 | Report this post

Stewie Griffen  
Years ago

John Lawrence a father??????

That means he'd have to have had sex?????

The world truely is a strange place...

Reply #87379 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

Non performance enhancer ? I have to say that as a relaxing thing it may calm the nerves of some players and therefore make tehm play better.

There was one import here back in the day who could not play well if he had not quitened his nerves before each game.

As Roy and HG say Asprin is a performance enhancer because it takes away pain and therefore allows you to play at a level that naturally you may not be able to.

Reply #87381 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

John Lawrence's real name must be Peter Griffen

Reply #87382 | Report this post

Good Guys  
Years ago

and John is entitled to his opinion that the person is a tool - it's not like he is against any rules of the forum??? and no judging by some of his posts in the past I am certainly glad he is not my father......
I just think he should not be judged on past stupidity.

Reply #87383 | Report this post

Stewie Griffen  
Years ago

John Lawrence my father.....NEVER!!!!!!!!

Reply #87384 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

KB _ I hope you are not talking about Jo Jo English , i heard he smoked up before matches and sure he probably thought he played well , but he stunk .
There are plenty of players and damn fine ones which may surprise a few people that use the herb to relax just prior to games .

Reply #87385 | Report this post

Good Guys  
Years ago

This is a discrace.
Say no to Drugs!!!! People talking about taking herbs etc etc b4 playing sport are stupid.

If there are children reading these posts they will be influenced by what you write.

There is no watering it down by calling it "herbs" instead of drugs which are bad for you and will destroy your life.

John Lawrence may be a turkey and may not be your daddy but at least he has morals.

Reply #87387 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Jo Jo was on another planet the whole time! and anon #87385, you are right, there have been some very good players that do "relax" before a game....
Good Guys, i was only judging on the post made today mate...

Reply #87391 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

anon was not refering to Jo Jo but another member of Team Green.

Reply #87395 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

I should clarify that i dont mean Al either...

Reply #87396 | Report this post

Good Guys  
Years ago

Db5.
If you were only judging on todays comments then why did you state

"I would have thought that you would be the last person to start calling someone names on this forum....
"

you have been found out my friend
I don't think John was being too insulting calling the person a tool.

anyhow I am sure he can look after himself.

Reply #87397 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Good Guys, are you a lawyer, dissecting my posts to protect someone...
anyhow i am sure he can look after himself...

Reply #87400 | Report this post

Nutwork  
Years ago

Only one import Kent, I can think of more than one.

Reply #87404 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

DB 5 knows the story , good guys you are sounding like a tool that has been on to long , grating away in the backround . Influencing kids , c'mon , most kids should be blessed to read a healthy debate on the subject and with the rightful influence being their parents to show them right from not so right .

Reply #87416 | Report this post

brad  
Years ago

why drink drive like ben cousins when you can smoke and fly like tucks ahahaha

Reply #87422 | Report this post

me  
Years ago

Well that settle it for me, The one and only John Lawrence has made clear his feelings on drugs. Given most of what John has to say, its not in the least surprising that i again disagree with him.

If young people are reading this and being influenced by it(which i doubt)Then please understand me, a little herbal occasionally is much less damaging to you and to society..than the evils of alcohol. Do yourself and the world a favour, ban alcohol, legalise dope and live a pastoral existence.

Reply #87441 | Report this post

ITA  
Years ago

You can all argue about what is (and what is not) socially acceptable, and should (or should not) be legalised etc, and which drug you believe to be "worse".

You can make all the excuses in the world about "it relaxes me before the game", "its not as bad as doing...", "my dealer says its ok" bla bla bla.

Bottom line... anyone with a sound physiological basis will understand that taking such substances is not a wise decision by the athlete.

Reply #87468 | Report this post

Ozzie Ozborne  
Years ago

Taking any drugs (this includes alcohol) by any high level athelete is not a wise decision.

Everything in moderation. Alcohol is legal, Grass ain't. (lethal weapon)

Reply #87478 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i am not condoning the use of drugs by athletes or society as a whole , but i will certainly not condemn them in a narrow minded thought process . Look at the facts , which are the effects of cigarettes , and alcohol fill up more hospital space and take many more lives than any other thing on this planet . They are also legal , enough said .
Life is not black and white and nothing is purely good or bad , such thinking is for fools .
BTW if drugs are so bad why are many of the most intelligent , creative , artistic human beings drawn to them .

Reply #87485 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

I see in the news today he is claiming it is from passive smoking. This is also apparently the reason thet Melbourne decided not to sack the import.
The test was taken December 3 last year. Again I wonder why it has taken so long for this to be brought out in the open.

Reply #87488 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

passive smoking *cough cough* yeah I believe him *cough cough*

Reply #87491 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:34 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754