Dr Damage
Years ago

Southern men vs South Sat 7/07

Having trouble sorting out who wil win this game on Saturday,Southern girls is easy,but can Billy Ho's team do the double?
I have picked them but am not sure, Who will guard Scanlon?
Any ins or outs for both teams?

Topic #7805 | Report this topic

Hoop Addict  
Years ago

Yes, I had trouble picking a winner for that one. Clarke did an admirable job on Ng in the 1st half last week and he could be able to keep Scanlon in check.

Although Lalic & Bowley were both very good last week, if the Tigers have Alexander back, that could put them over the top. Especially if Ben Hodges has another game like he did last week.

Reply #87495 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not sure that the Southerns girls are as much of a shoe-in as you think they are Dr.

Reply #87496 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

okay sorry guys not a huge bball know-it-all but umm is anyone fast enough and strong enough to block out fuller?

Reply #87498 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

lasted scoop - gerlach is not playing, neither Kosmider

Reply #87499 | Report this post

Dr Damage  
Years ago

Fuller
Key Stats
PPG 10.9
RPG 6.4
APG 1.6
HSA 22.7

Hodges will kick his arse!

Reply #87501 | Report this post

Pepper Brooks  
Years ago

Who is going to attempt to contain Braithwaite? He has looked a serious threat in recent weeks and could break the game for the Tigers.

Maybe a shootout between him and Scanlon will go a long way to determining the result of this one.

My Pick: Tigers by 10.

Reply #87502 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

News to me that Kosmider isn't playing!

Reply #87504 | Report this post

Lloyd Braun  
Years ago

me too....

Reply #87505 | Report this post

lockstock  
Years ago

Scans will shoot straight over the top of Clarkey, I don't think that's a very favourable match up for the tigers at all. And I'd also question Clarkey's fitness to run with Scans throughout the game, IMO Scans is probably very close to the best mover off the ball in the ABL and one of the fittest. In a preseason game between these two with similar lineups (add Fuller for the Panthers, and Tigers had Alexander) South won at Morphett Vale. I think Panthers by 8.
Go Panthers

Reply #87509 | Report this post

thank ya mother for the rabbits!
so he is playing then, kiss that fish rexie, we got one yibida yibida until we meet again on this glorious day, bye for now

Reply #87510 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

but we had you back then lockstock so it will make it a tighter affair, clarke is one of the fittest hardworking players around-see what happens

Reply #87513 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

ALEXANDER IN THIS WEEK - FEARLESS PHANTOM.

Reply #87514 | Report this post

BodyByJake  
Years ago

"I'd also question Clarkey's fitness to run with Scans throughout the game" (lockstock #87509)

To answer your "question" - Clarke is in the top 5 fitest players in the ABA Central and he has the mental fortitude to go with Scanlon for the full 48.

You can forget lack of fitness as a factor.

(Note: Scanlon may also be included in that top 5 fitest players but imho would be equal or below Clarke.)

Reply #87516 | Report this post

Hoop Addict  
Years ago

Agreed BodyByJake. Yes, it's easy to say you can shoot over the top of Clarke, but he works extremely hard to deny shooters any catches.

Will be very interesting to see how it unfolds.

Reply #87519 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

At the risk of getting an email from Billy, I will likely tip South. Southern seem a little inconsistent and as we get closer to the finals, South seem to be one team that really go hard no matter their spot on the ladder. Could go either way though.

Reply #87520 | Report this post

lockstock  
Years ago

I stand corrected on the Clarkey fitness call - my only question was his fitness after returning from his knee injury not all that long ago.
I do think that a bit more size will be needed to guard Scans though

Reply #87526 | Report this post

bread'n'rubber  
Years ago

south too deep and too strong at the Panther Cage... they will run away in the 4th to win by 16. Alexander to be dangerous.

How can anyone be in the top 5 fittest players in the Central ABA coming bcak from knee surgery?

Reply #87527 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

breadnrubber - you have no idea son! Panther cage for one, alexander to be dangerous and the third comment probably tops the lot!....geez

Reply #87529 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

South by 14,

Reply #87532 | Report this post

bread'n'rubber  
Years ago

anon (#87529)

what do you not understand you simpleton

Reply #87533 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think his first point was it's being played at m/v not marion or as you put it 'panther cage'.

Reply #87535 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i reckon south by 10-18

Reply #87537 | Report this post

D Brent  
Years ago

twinkles will definitely be hitting the hard wood sat night, no way would he miss a tigers v panthers clash...loves going back to the hood...

Reply #87538 | Report this post

BodyByJake  
Years ago

bread'n'rubber - come to the game Saturday night and you will see how...

With or without Alexander the game will be won/lost on the perimeter (No Offence Panther ;)). The team that does the best job shutting down the other from there will have the best chance.

Reply #87542 | Report this post

Dr Damage  
Years ago

A bit of passion here, sounds as though the panters are pumped up.

Over arousal is not one of Souths strong points, I dont think they handle it well.

Decision made, staying with the Tigers at 8 pts. Billy to be re appointed next season if they get the W.

Reply #87543 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

And what about the Southern women? First time they get to host their old team mates. A big night of basketball up at Morphett Vale this weekend it seems.

Reply #87547 | Report this post

lickity split  
Years ago

Yeh someone has to stop Braithwaite for southern. Check his stats, hes averaged like 25 a game over the last 8 weeks!

Reply #87555 | Report this post

D Brent  
Years ago

does winning or losing this game even factor into whether or not billy gets appointed again??

panthers love over arousal...

Reply #87567 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

so who actually won??

Reply #87900 | Report this post

BC  
Years ago

Men South won. Women Southern won. Don't know the scores.

Reply #87903 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:36 pm, Thu 18 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754