Anonymous
Years ago

UNDER 18S WHAT'S HOT/NOT?

As many people will be dropping in at some point to see some of the action from the Under 18s being held at Wayville next week, will there be a chnace to get a WHATS' HOT/NOT up and running about it?

Topic #7826 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Whats Hot - STOP organising scoretables for the entire tournament. Many people giving up their weekends and taking time off work to donate their time and expertise to the championship.

I am sure there are many statistians doing the same.

Reply #87657 | Report this post

digby  
Years ago

any idea how much it costs to get in? I thought it was free until a mate told me he reckoned it was 7 bucks. Also mentioned a week pass?

Reply #87659 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's about 10 per day or 60 for the week

Reply #87663 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I hope that cost doesn't preclude the 36ers from scouting at this event!

Reply #87670 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They wouldn't be scouting because that might show they're looking to the future

Reply #87671 | Report this post

Kev  
Years ago

I heard a rumour they were scouting at the Over 40's social comps, and also checking out the action at the hospital recovery wing's basketball court.

Reply #87692 | Report this post

brad  
Years ago

ahahah good one kev,absolute classic mate

Reply #87700 | Report this post

52-Cans  
Years ago

Does everyone have to pay to watch? Or say juniors or even F/Ville people get in for free?

Reply #87705 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

Yes, we have a team of about 40 statisticians who have given up time for the Championships, including Barry Haydon from Forestville who has been working tirelessly organising staff and rosters.

Reply #87707 | Report this post

amazing grace  
Years ago

Reply #87727 | Report this post

amazing grace  
Years ago

oops ....under 16s was 10 per day and 60 for the week in Ballarat.
Forestville venue far better and probably a lot warmer.

Reply #87730 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

newer maybe but nowhere near better. And trust me if it was zero degrees outside Wayville would be a lot colder insider then the minerdome was.

Reply #87738 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

amazing grace,

have you ever actually been to the Minerdome. It has heating. Plus is has a pull out stand as well as a cafateria.

Just another opinion from somebody who has no idea.

Reply #87748 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

The Minerdome has heating in the stadium itself. As soon as you step into the corridor outside, or go to the canteen, it is freezing cold at night.

Reply #87830 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

yogee

Whereas Wayville has heating where?

It was much warmer at the Miner dome last week than it has been at any stadium in Adelaide over the last month. I was there last week! Were you?

Reply #87838 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

Nope. I was there in March.

And I wasnt comparing it to Wayville, as I know Wayville can either be an ice box or a sauna. Was just stating that the Minerdome's heating is great if your in the court area itself, not so great when you walk out of it.

Reply #87845 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How exactly was the Minerdome cold during March?The foyer area were actually quite warm due to the heat from the offices and change rooms. Yogee, your not making any sense! Again!

Reply #87846 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

SA Metro go down to Tassie in the 18 Men ? Is that a Typo ?

Reply #87849 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not:

Harri Harvey going 5/19 while Chief goes 6/8. Pass the ball to the post guy son!

Sam Hemmings having 10 turnovers. My is he playing point guard? Comm'n coach work it out!

Braham and Johnson with a DNP-CD. Are they both still injured?

5/24 from the 3 point line.

9/21 from the fouline.

Reply #87850 | Report this post

In the Know  
Years ago

3 lots of overtime for the 18 country girls? What a game. Shame they lost.

Reply #87851 | Report this post

Mott the Hoople  
Years ago

Hot: Wayville looking a treat (Temp stand) and tournament well run.

Triple O/T womens game

Not: SA beaten by Tasmania

SA Country losing in triple O/T

Reply #87852 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is Hemmings normally that prone to turn it over, he likes to throw his weight around, but thought he was a handy type player in Melb during the early stages of the classic ?

Certainly do not want to disrespect any kid who is playing, but in 16's in Perth, I really thought Harry Harvey was a talent, did he just have a bad one, ? I am sure they will hit back !!!

Reply #87853 | Report this post

Mott the Hoople  
Years ago

Harry's ball-handling is great but didn't hit much until the last quarter. I think the shots were there but just not dropping today.

SA didn't seem to have much structure around their zone.

Reply #87855 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Problem is that Hemmings is being asked to play point guard when he is a 2/3, so not really his fault. And Harry seems to do well in games that doen't matter but struggles is games that are important!

Reply #87856 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How much did they lose by? And when is their next game?

Reply #87860 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

hemmings has to play pg as there is no one else who can, not really his fault and harri does need a break from the pg every now and then. he really is an undersized sg! (no disrespect meant to ne1 in this post)

Reply #87861 | Report this post

Zim  
Years ago

Do the coaches realise only now they need some guards in this team not only SF PF and Centres ??? Also really there are 3 SF's and they are playing guard spots and only 1 point guard with no backup for him.

Reply #87862 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

yeh they need a good point guard so everynow and again harry can run the wing for fast breaks points or scoring opportunitys so he doesnt have to always worry about the teams organisation some one else can do it.

Reply #87864 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

just remember don't blame it 100% on loveday, i mean he didn't make harri shoot 1/7 triples, this might sound like a dig at harri but its not, its stickingup for teh coach, he picked the team cos he thought it would do well... we'll see how the boys bounce back tomorrow

Reply #87865 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not Lovedays fault for Harri Shooting 1/7 triples agreed.

But what about having Harri play in his correct position, as a point guard. Or better still having other guys play in their correct positions. Maybe they would be more comfotrable and performed better.

Surely the coach has to accept the blame if they don't perform in the positions they were selected.

Reply #87866 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

agree!

Reply #87877 | Report this post

Mott the Hoople  
Years ago

Hot: A very well-drilled Vic Metro side, but may struggle against taller sides.

Natoli for Vic Metro impressive.

Reply #87880 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

the coach has succeeded in picking an extremely tall and athletic side, the cost of this is playing bigger players at lower postions (as mentioned above) which they can pull off around adelaide but not at a national championship; harry harveys shooting could be 10% all week then he might shoot 20/20 in the final game. he will keep jacking it

Reply #87883 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

tall yes athletic no way, there are heaps more athletic players out there and a lot faster too. this is a case of hoping height will be enough. good luck the boys are going to need it especially if their shots aren't dropping & yes the coaches do need to take resposibility for losses if boys are not playing their ususal positions, did they look at using versatile players from what i hear they did very little homework on this squad!

Reply #87895 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

if any home work

Reply #87912 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:25 am, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754