Hoop Addict
Years ago

Reserve Results?!

Just wondering if anyone has any results for tonight's games?

Topic #785 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

North by 4

Reply #8348 | Report this post

Hoop Addict  
Years ago

Is that in the Men, or the Women?! North were in both.

Reply #8350 | Report this post

MP  
Years ago

Men by 4, women by plenty.

Reply #8353 | Report this post

deak  
Years ago

North Men were down by about 25pts at one stage. Remarkable turn-around in the 2nd half. Burdon and Zorich lead the charge but Woodville had 3 starters on the bench during most of the 4th qtr when North made their run. Weird.

Still, North was the form team all year and they deserved to win. Congrats to both the North men and Women.

Reply #8354 | Report this post

Hoop Addict  
Years ago

Sheesh, 25 down?! Sounds like I missed a great game! :-(.

Well done to North on getting the double.

Reply #8355 | Report this post

MP  
Years ago

The thing that helped North out was Marcus Ng going down with injury. I think this may have helped to change the flow of the game.

From my position with the referee observers, it looked like he dislocated his kneecap.

Up until this stage, woodville were running the floor at will.
Take nothing away from North though, they were gutsy with their comeback.

Heres hoping we see Marcus Ng back on the court soon. Hope it's not too serious mate!

Reply #8357 | Report this post

Hoop Addict  
Years ago

Any truth to the rumour that Hammond sunk 5 or so 3s in the 1st half?

That's a shame to hear about Marcus. Hope it's not too bad.

Reply #8358 | Report this post

MP  
Years ago

He went nuts until Marcus went down, I think he hit 3 or 4.

Reply #8360 | Report this post

Man on the scene  
Years ago

Facts

Marcus hurt himself during his first minute on the court so his influence on the game was not yet established. His knee popped back in as he was carried off the court.

Jarred Hammond hit his first 6 shots from out side, first one his foot was on the line, next five he was beyond the arc.

Everything fell to you know what after the break. Woddvilles decision to have the comps leading scorer (Gary B) sitting on the bench next to Lauchy Parker for most of the last qtr, while 2 young rookies ran around making pressure mistakes was a major reason the Green didnt sneak over the line.

Norths full court finals pressure (where was it in the first half) was also another reason the Warriors crumbled.

Out coached and out hussled in the second half.

Mark Fuller fouling out with almost the entire last qtr left also left a dent. Too many fumbles and nervious inexperienced mistakes by Woodville.
Ben Todd has the old head, he should have tucked the ball under his arm and taken control of his group, because the bench lacked any sort of answer to the tide turning.

Just letting the team play was not the answer last night.

Reply #8369 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Man on the scene,

Did North have anyone that might have won them the game or did Woodville simply lose it?

Reply #8391 | Report this post

manager  
Years ago

norths emphasis is always on the team game. All players contributed.
Zorich had 4 fouls and sat off for a quarter and a half. He was there at the end, but didn't lead the charge. Great teams beat teams of great players.Dallas couldn't play but knowing all the players from coaching them in U18 was a bonus. Coaching and a never say die attitude won the game.

Reply #8393 | Report this post

MP  
Years ago

North's Defence was good all game, but their offence only really came together in the last quarter.

For the first 3 quarters it seemed to me they were running a lot "me" offence. The person with the ball was basically running into defenders hoping for a foul.

The 3 point shooting came online towards the end of the game, North got a few fast breaks and open looks at the basket.

Can't take away anything from them for the heart they put into it.

Reply #8395 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:25 pm, Thu 18 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754