Anonymous
Years ago

Woodville/Forestville results

Forestville women playing a depleted team beat a valiant Woodville by eleven.

Forestville's foul shots kept them in the game. in the second quarter alone they hit more points from the foul line than the field.
Woodville on the other hand continued their woeful display from the line and squandered the possibility of a great upset.

Lindsay in fine touch all game, kept Forestville in the lead, she was the difference between the two sides. Newbold failing to bother the scorers. Duke and Ranford chipping in for some good boards and baskets.

Sidebottom, Michaels, Kwiatowski, Jenkins continue to grow in stature and with continued poise should add wins instead of loses in the close games. This season they haven't been really blown away as in past seasons, and they are beginning to put in double digit quarters, consistently, not reverting to a 20 point first qtr but following it with a 4 point second qtr.

Warriors men were on song, with some great team work and a running game. Fine individual performances from Reeves, Baggott & Miller in the absence of Puddifoot Warriors men beat the Eagles by six.

Dix again is worth the admission money alone. But every time the Eagles clawed back the lead, the Warriors found something extra, ably lead by Wilson & Rees and some three point shooting by Birmingham and Pascoe.

Mapunda's block had the crowd roaring. John Lawrence wasn't missed the Warriors winners without him, his replacement doing an adequate job.

Topic #7855 | Report this topic

Take Luck  
Years ago

thats hurts lawrence! haha

Reply #87932 | Report this post

John Lawrence  
Years ago

actually, earning $23+ per hour for 6 hours is beter than earning $20 for 4 hours and some change... so didn't hurt one cent, (Mod: Deleted. (a) I wouldn't be crowing about $23/hour. (b) wash your mouth out.)!!

Reply #87934 | Report this post

John Lawrence  
Years ago

how does it feel to get shafted back, Take Luck???

Reply #87935 | Report this post

BodyByJake  
Years ago

John,
Earning $23+ per hour for 6 hours may be better than earning $20 for 4 hours and some change but i doubt you'll win many championships with that level of committment.

Reply #87937 | Report this post

damrob  
Years ago

Photos are now online for todays games at the dome.

Women
Forestville 81 to Woodville 71

Men
Woodville 95 to Forestville 87
Dix 30 points, 20 rebounds (UNOFFICIAL)

http://www.damrob.com.au/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=12741

Reply #87939 | Report this post

John Lawrence  
Years ago

I notified the club on Friday afternoon that I had commitments of a work-related nature, and the club fully understood that if I have to work, then the employment is more important than the announcing, even more so since I cannot referee until the end of August (shin splints and stress fractures - both legs), and appreciated that I gave them ample notice, instead of leaving the Warriors in the lurch. I have told the club that if there are any more nights where I will be working on a game night, I will notify them again with plenty of ample notice. That is fair, isn't it, "BodyByJake"?

Reply #87941 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Considering Woodville gave you your oppurtunities when you came to Adelaide John, would have thought you would have honoured your promise that any conflicts in scheduling would see you committ to Woodville first.

Guess your promises don't mean that much!

Reply #87942 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So that WASNT you announcing at West instead John??????

Reply #87944 | Report this post

Take Luck  
Years ago

must say the game was much more enjoyable to watch today for saome reason........ dix was unstoppable. huge game if thats wat he had.

Reply #87945 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

Dix's scoreline is official, Isaac has the boxscore in his email, so when he gets a chance he will put it up no doubt.

Reply #87946 | Report this post

big dunk by 'the Big Freeze' Paul Rees

Reply #87953 | Report this post

anomymous  
Years ago

Although the Stats people do a great job for no reward, it would be good if they could at least get the stats correct, especially the points against the correct person.
Again, there are BIG discrepancies in the Woodville stats.

Reply #87963 | Report this post

Eagle4ever  
Years ago

John Lawrence, why do you feel the need to defend yourself whenever anyone has a little dig at you? and why do you think that people would be interested in anything you do or say?
I'm sure it won't be long before you move into your Holdfast Shores appartment earning $23p/h!

In real news, well played Warriors but see ya in the finals!!!

Reply #87968 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i miss john. who are we supposed to bag now.... lukey we have hoops, hey

Reply #88021 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

... lucky

Reply #88022 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It looked like the warriors covered the loss of Puddifoot well. Zane Reeves, Baggott stepping up and playing very well. Rees also giving them a strong target in the paint, and his passing out of the block was also good.

Can't say the same about the eagles in Dougie's absence. The eagles were out worked, and defensively they broke down time and time again. Cameron Wood was also missing...not even at the game.

The eagles are going to need a massive improvement on this effort if they are to retain top spot back from Sturt this weekend when they clash.

Reply #88024 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

Anonymousd - if you would like to email me to discuss the so called "discrepancies" feel free. I am [email protected].

The stats always have to agree with the official score sheet, and with 2 people calling the scorers, errors can be made. Also, the way you may see a game, can differ from the way it is interpreted from the scorebench and stats official way we have to interpret something.

But, please, feel free to email your "BIG discrepancies", and I am sure I will be able to explain to you why they were there.

Reply #88061 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

when players wear legible numbers, ie not white numbers on white uniforms aka South Adelaide or Qld North - or women who have long hair keep their hair away from their numbers so scoretable and statistians can read them easily.

When players don't bunch together when they shoot it would make it easier to ascertain who shot what or rebounded what.

Fouls are simple the refs signal them clearly, but even then the ref can signal the wrong player.

Also there are various situations when the ball is shot but one player but can be awarded to another.

ie player b5 shoots the ball from near the 3 point line, it bobbles around the ring, and b6 touches it and it drops in, the shots gets awarded to b6

Reply #88185 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:59 pm, Tue 23 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754