brad
Years ago

WHY ARNT SA WINNING?

hey guys why do you think that sa is loosing at the tittles this week? is it our height,defence,shooting or what. i have only HEARD that we are not performing well but why?

Peace Brad

Topic #7877 | Report this topic

billo  
Years ago

Perhaps it's our spelling.

Reply #88163 | Report this post

52-Cans  
Years ago

I thought you said in a previous thread you were going off to watch a game? You should know if you watched...

Reply #88164 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Well from what I have heard (I dont follow any junior basketball) we just are good enough, the level of our U18s are just arent up with the rest of them.

Reply #88165 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i have watched the games and clearly some of our players are struggling at this level - poor preparation these kids should have all had months of intense match preparation not just training drills. also too many individuals out on the court. loveday needs to control some tempers too - just who is coaching this team? we have some great talent in sa don't know why it wasnt used -politics is a strange thing.

Reply #88167 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If I were brad I wouldn't be attending. I rekon he might cop a bti in person rather than just in wroting on this forum.

Reply #88168 | Report this post

Mott the Hoople  
Years ago

Certainly lacking an extra guard and a three point shooter and a couple of the bigs look a bit inexperienced. I have no idea if there are any better around as I don't follow this grade closely.

Reply #88178 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

last time I looked there were four SA teams at the nationals.

why does everyone believe when they speak of SA it automatically means the Metro Boys?

Scott Loveday can't control his own temper - don't expect him to control others.

Reply #88180 | Report this post

results don't lie  
Years ago

Does anyone have the placings for the last say 10 years of under 18 nationals for boys and girls , metro and country . Will be interesting to see if we are as competetive as we like to think ?
Brad if u wer out there , i meanz out there on the court that is you know we wood b tering it up yoh ! go da bradster , keep rockin dose redickaliss posts bro .

Reply #88189 | Report this post

Hoop Addict  
Years ago

Boys Metro
2005 - 7th
2004 - 4th
2003 - 2nd
2002 - 3rd
2001 - 7th (I *think*)

Girls Metro
2005 - 2nd
2004 - 4th (?)
2003 - 4th
2002 - 2nd

Not 100% sure on the Country results from memory. I think their last top 4 was in 2002 in both boys & girls. Should be headed for top 4 in the girls this week.

The metro boys medal years were on the back of some great talent (Kersten, Newley, Wood, Burdon etc). I don't think we have those kinds of talents this year, nor do we have the same quality of role players (Ng, McKenzie, Dubinecki, Benson etc).

Reply #88190 | Report this post

results don't lie  
Years ago

cheers addict

Reply #88192 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

2001 - 6th

Common Hoop Addict. Just because you couldn't come to that tournament becasue you were some bottom age U14 for future Australian consideration, don't undersell that performance. Remeber this was the top age group of the World Champs Gold Medal team.

Reply #88194 | Report this post

Hoop Addict  
Years ago

Haha - sorry, my mistake! I knew they were in the 5-8 bracket, and yes, there were some very talented players in that age group.

Reply #88197 | Report this post

Charlie  
Years ago

lets just be thankfull that the administartion refused brad's offer to fill in the application forms on their behalf. what are chances of getting spellcheck on this forum?

Reply #88199 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"last time I looked there were four SA teams at the nationals.

why does everyone believe when they speak of SA it automatically means the Metro Boys?"

We do it deliberately so people with complexes like you can come on here and whine about it.

Reply #88200 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

speaking of complexes, what's the deal with the stats guy doing the SA Metro game last night.

What an arrogant child, i guess it's no surprise which club he's from.

Reply #88202 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

#88200)
I don't have a complex but I have been out each day and seen the four teams play have you?

Reply #88204 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Having a job makes it a little hard to get out there each day and see our teams play

Reply #88218 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

the girls have been winning playing some awesome basketball doing sa proud! the boys all look like wounded puppies country have struggled with numbers due to injury & sickness. ok loveday time to pull something out of your hat - although havent you left it too late? the tournament is over for your lot. boys have played some pretty average basketball they can all do better - so are you balling them out for it or taking responsibility yourself? how about some enthusiam from the bench

Reply #88451 | Report this post

Mott the Hoople  
Years ago

A lot of people bagging the selection process before hand. After looking at the performances were they justified?

Who was ultimately responsible for the selection of the team? I've heard varying reports.

We will probably be called armchair experts, but are surely entitled to ask questions.

I believe Vic Metro made a consious decision to go smaller and athletic, where we seemed too top-heavy.

Reply #88455 | Report this post

Interested Vic  
Years ago

Interestingly enough Vic Metro did go smaller & athletic with a lot of critisism and it puts a whole new slant on their game with heaps of preparation it looked like a winner. Reports back to Victoria are that SA are very disappointing, with the standard of players here in June we thought there would be some excellent competition & match ups. Work has prevented me from attending but my sources are reliable as the stats don't always show how the games unfold. Maybe we can look forward to some of those match ups at NBL level.

Reply #88464 | Report this post

brad  
Years ago

hey 52 cans i have a life unlike some of you, basketball is a part of my life not the whole thing,but since you probaly never made it as a player you need to dwindle on others

Reply #88513 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

brad,

Are you syaing that U14 DIv 1 is making it as a player?

Becasue you aren't good enough to make it now! Your not good enough to even play school ball are ya!

Reply #88517 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No Vic teams in the finals!! How long has it been?

Reply #88523 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No Vic teams in the finals!! How long has it been?

Reply #88524 | Report this post

brad  
Years ago

hey anon (#88517) you are so funny, leave your name and details and il get back to ya...ok so gutless

Reply #88558 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

For somebody claiming they have a life you seem to spend a lot of time on the internet "brad".

But that is what we expect from punks who think that becasue they can write their immiture thoughts on the net that they actually have opinions that mean anything.

This forum will be a better place when you go back to school!

Reply #88568 | Report this post

brad  
Years ago

hey mae wanna meet up anon il give ya my point of view,im dead set serious mate

Reply #88572 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No brad,

Most people on this forum think that you are a joke.

Reply #88580 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Brad, please go away. You've been offensive, you've made racist comments and you've boasted about your fighting ability to someone involved with the police.

Please stop coming to the forum.

Reply #88607 | Report this post

brad  
Years ago

hey issac just because ive been arrested doesnt mean i wanna fight, i only start when other people start on me. i try and put my opinion across but all i get is bagged on, so when it stops i will stop. ok mate

Reply #88644 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Brad, get off the forum. You're embarrassing yourself, Forestville and the City South program. Go away.

Reply #88646 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:21 pm, Tue 16 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754