unsure
Years ago

Rule Clarification

I was wondering if someone could please clarify one of the more recent rules for me. In the last 2(?) minutes of the game, when its a teams ball on the baseline, and a time out is called, and when time in is called the ball is forwarded to the half way line. Does anyone know if this only applies off a score only right before the time out? or is it applied to any baseline ball before a time out in the last 2 minutes?

Topic #7882 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

the team who entitled to the ball from the endline there is no baseline in basketball hasn't been for about 15 years, and who calls the time out in the last two minutes of the fourth quarter and any subsequent period ie overtime, can progress the ball up to the half court line

1) team has to be entitled to the ball from the end line
2) team has to have called the time out
3) has to be in the last two minutes of the final period or of any overtime

Voila they get the ball from the centre line if they want.

Reply #88195 | Report this post

there are more  
Years ago

wrong
it does not have to be the end line.
If red team call a time out in the last two minutes and are due the ball from the side line, then it is also progressed to the half way line.
Also if two free throws are taken and the second one is made, red team can call a time out after the second free throw and then bring the ball in from half way after the time out.

Reply #88198 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

silly me, of course it is..its morning my brain doesn't function before 2pm :'(

Reply #88203 | Report this post

FM  
Years ago

Remove the word 'can'. If they call a timeout in their back court with less than 2 minutes to go in the game (game because it will be the last 2 minutes in extra time also) the ball WILL be brought back in at the half way line.

Reply #88432 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:38 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754