Anonymous
Years ago

Phil Jones from New Zealand, who does he play for?

When not playing for NZ.

Thanks.

Topic #7912 | Report this topic

Mix Master Wipe  
Years ago

He played in Italy last season, im pretty sure he played for the Nz breakers a couple of years ago.

Reply #88610 | Report this post

Ken Richardson  
Years ago

He kicked our you know what, and while I'm at it........
1. Brian, get more imaginative with the offence.You've run much better stuff before but this was just so plain.I know there has been limited time but better to try and run some stuff and maybe get it wrong than not try at all.
2.Aaron Bruce is a backup point in the NBL. Start Markovic.
3. Run some shit where Bogut gets the ball moving into the post...not bang up 1 on 1 which isn't his strength (see Milwaukee).
4.Start Newley, at least he plays with some passion. The US College crew need some emotion about them, they are robots. Intensity + emotion = great D not intensity alone. Start a fight, do something but just don't keep takin' it from behind like we did .
Play the ones who distinctly dislike NZ and will bleed to do so. Not many out there last game.
5. No go to player bar Bogut.Where is Andrew G?
6. Bench get involved rather than sit there (possibly pissed off). Fact is some of you are lucky to be there.
7.Time to get some rotations set and stop playing everyone.They've all had a go now, now make a decision on who gets what.

Oh, and did I mention play with some emotion!

Reply #88612 | Report this post

Phizzer  
Years ago

Spot on Ken. I'm a big fan of emotion and intensity. Newley has always been hungry to play for Australia, and each time he hits the floor in the green and gold, he's showed he's grateful and wants to make the most of every chance given to him.

I think Jones should have been put on his butt a few times after hitting his first 3. Let him know he's being watched, run him into some solid Bogut screens, vicious boxout outside the key, few well chosen words about sheep, maybe could have evoked a headbutt out of him?

Reply #88620 | Report this post

gospel  
Years ago

advanced hair - yeah, yeah

Reply #88625 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

bruce backup nbl pg? NBAdraft.net says hes more like a 2008 late second round pick.
http://www.nbadraft.net/index.asp?content=mock2008

Reply #88688 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He should start playing like it then!

Reply #88692 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:56 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754