Panther
Years ago

Has the ship sunk at Centrals???

Just looking at the Boxscore for the Lions and there is no Vandenbergh, Wilkey, Watson, Hammond, Clayton, did I miss anyone else???
Is this due to Ricky wanting out as coach, have the players jumped from a sinking ship???
Anyone from up north who can explain what is going on up there???

Topic #7929 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Forgot Clausen who did his ankle on friday night.
Clayton - family stuff
Reggie - ankles
Watson - hip
Wilkey - back

Hammond played vs West

I don't think the ship is sinking they just haven't been able to put the same team on the deck each week. With a full squad all 100% fit they would be much better, add a quality big man and they would be a playoff side.

Reply #88766 | Report this post

S Vidmar  
Years ago

Panther you are a funny man, surely you have better things to do, like decide on your own basketball future. You havent been ejected for a while. With two games to go you still have time. South have a new coach with a funny name and still cant make the playoffs. Maybe your assistant coach should stop eating anything that moves and put his sneaks back on.
Put all of your players on a traineeships and use the Gov funding to buy a playoff spot.

Reply #88772 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

Ha ha ha... Your right Vidmar only two games to go for me and so I could actually go out on a high by taking someone out and being ejected, pity we play Sturt, I don't really have any enemies in that team.
With all the money that Centrals receive via job placement funding for Jye I still don't understand why you couldn't get Wells a gig and buy your own championship!
Vidmar for head coach of Centrals 07!

Reply #88775 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

this is a funny read, Ricky doesn't want out as coach, Panther normally you are funny but get some truth behind your message - then bend it like Beckham

Reply #88776 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

Hey, I asked that question when it was posted that Centrals advertised the head coach position and had no reply so I thought I would ad lib a little!

Reply #88777 | Report this post

Ships Ahoy  
Years ago

The title implies there was a floating ship in the first place, I think its still in port looking for a Captian, crew and somewhere to go.

Good luck in 2007 lions.

Reply #88808 | Report this post

pickles housemate  
Years ago

GARRR...., Me Hearties! Centrals be lookin for a CAPTIAN as well..?

Reply #88826 | Report this post

HUH?  
Years ago

BIG BROTHER....IT IS TIME TO LEAVE...CENTRALS

we all know that centrals are hanging on bye a thread,how many years do you have to struggle before your time is over?

Reply #88879 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

How is that at all constructive?

Reply #88880 | Report this post

Simon  
Years ago

HUH? = SIMPLE!

Reply #88883 | Report this post

HUH?  
Years ago

simon funny hehehe is it more simple to say im simple?did you think that saying im simple,ment you are not?mmm so many questions

Reply #88923 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Good points Huh? (Brad) But its time to leave this forum!!

How is your team going in "City South" by the way? You guys "dominating" or what?

Reply #88973 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Isaac,

Can you just block his ip address? Please!

Reply #88981 | Report this post

HUH?  
Years ago

(Mod: Deleted. Go away.)

Reply #88992 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The senior club ship has sunk by the looks of it. What is with Centrals women losing to Woodville by 50 and West by 60? What has happened to their imports? I noticed Conn didnt play v. West & McClean didnt play at all. Goes to show who carried their team all year I guess, so it was definately a good move by their coaching staff to get those two ladies on board.

Reply #89006 | Report this post

moses malone  
Years ago

band-aid solution to a surgury problem with centrals women ... the club got what it wanted with a couple of wins this season. Centrals Grand Final was a month ago with their win over Souths Women. beat a decent club and their former coach it seems that they are content with those victories. With Conn and Mclean out of the roster the rest of the team draws actual defenders and they cant cope with the game.

Reply #89010 | Report this post

Joe M  
Years ago

I am not trying to bash the CDBC but I was informed that every district basketball club in South Australia was strongly told by Bruce Carter and his administration that they have to pay every cent back to BASA that they owe?

Cent for cent (not 15 cents in the dollar) with in a certain time frame and if they are not meet they will be removed from the district competition?

Hopefully the CDBC can find the funds to remove there debt from BASA as they have a long history in SA basketball or they could be gone.

Reply #89014 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

easy now, McLean has been injured for the past couple of games, and Conn was injured in the last game (i think).

Reply #89016 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i believe Joe you were told wrong

Reply #89020 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:34 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754