Tas
Years ago

What First Years Will Star Next Year???

After the Tasmanian team finished 4th with their first years making a big impact in the tournament what first years will star next year in Launceston.

Topic #7940 | Report this topic

CJ  
Years ago

well firstly look out for the big men from qld south, they had a decent tournament this year so surely they can continue again...
next tassie....dwayne radcliff, joss mooney, turner and radford should all have solid games, they were big contributers this year aswell

Reply #88869 | Report this post

HUH?  
Years ago

I heard Big mattie from sa metro had a good few patches, the boys come along way froma few years ago.Should lead SA from the front next year

Reply #88878 | Report this post

ITA  
Years ago

Clearly any bottom age kid will be better off for the experience next year.

In the men and women respectively the number of bottom age kids was

ACT 3 and 7
NSWC 3 and 5
NSWM 3 and 4
NZ 6 and 6
NT 5 and 4
QLDN 2 and 2
QLDS 5 and 3
SAC 4 and 4
SAM 2 and 1
TAS 4 and 5
VICC 3 and 2
VICM 2 and 5
WAC 7 and 8
WAM 4 and 4

Be interesting to see the number returning next year particularly with some teams that have done well or are largely bottom age, as you would expect next year they would be the better kids (granted not necessarily, but can be an indication). Is WAC and the ACT girls on a two year plan taking so many bottom age kids? or just coincidence...

Reply #88903 | Report this post

HUH?  
Years ago

Im amazed that TAS can produce such talent from what they have! I honestly did not think TAS basketball was strong!proved me wrong WOW

Reply #88930 | Report this post

Tas  
Years ago

HUH?, tas basketball is good just does not play at the intensity that the NSW and VIC teams do all year round. Tas basketball in the mens in dominated my Burnie and Hobart, with 3 guys from Burnie and 6 from Hobart making the state team. A bit of heart also heaps.
WAC is would be looking at a 2 year plan bring player through for next year and should be pretty strong if they keep the same side.

Reply #88994 | Report this post

Hoop Addict  
Years ago

ITA - can't really explain WAC's first year heavy sides, but I'd assume they just have a really weak top-age group (aside from Gliddon).

As for ACT, their U16 girls last year finished 3rd so I'd just say they're a strong group and thus were good enough to make the team as bottom ages.

In the boys, QLDS & WAM both have bottom age kids starting and/or contributing heavily this year & figure to be strong next year. They were 3rd & 4th respectively in U16s in 2005.

Reply #89003 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Just a question of interest. I know it varies from sport to sport - but if a kid is good enough, can they make a state team out of their age group? (For example, a first year from U/18s this year, playing at U/20 Nationals next year?)

Reply #89035 | Report this post

Tas  
Years ago

I know 2 girls that play in U/18s championships for their age group and because Tas U/20s didn't had enough try out the got permission from basketball aus 2 let them play 20s also

Reply #89036 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:21 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754