Isaac
Years ago

Locked: Southern Tigers Trials and Coaching

Southern Tigers Basketball Association

External Trials  Sunday August 20th

The Southern Tigers Basketball Association is holding external trials for the upcoming 2006/2007 District Season.

Trials are open to anyone currently playing mini ball, school or social basketball and district players currently playing with another club who wish to continue their playing career with the Tigers.

For full details, please download this flyer.

Coaches Required - Junior Program 2006/2007

Southern Tigers Basketball Association (STBA) has junior coaching opportunities available in all age groups and divisions, boys and girls for the forthcoming 2006/2007 season.

Coaching within the Southern Tigers Junior Program provides coaches with the opportunity be part of an exciting era at the Club that is the largest Basketball Club in the South of Adelaide.

The opportunity is available for energetic and enthusiastic junior coaches to help develop our players of the future.

Download and complete an application form available on our website that can be emailed in confidence to Brenton Davies.

If you have any questions, call Brenton Davies on 0418 804 187.

Topic #7954 | Report this topic

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

...and it doesn't cost anything to attend.

Reply #89051 | Report this post

Booga  
Years ago

whats the point of coaching there u only get knived in the back

Reply #89129 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Agreed Booga, I doubt anyone would go down there to coach with the reputation they have and I also query whether they are the largest club in South Australia. I think they would be fourth behind Norwood, Forestville and Sturt.

Reply #89130 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

can we please have one single southern post without club bashing, please??

Reply #89131 | Report this post

Career Moves  
Years ago

The Southern Tigers are moving in the right direction, the State Champ results proved that.

Success has an element of hit and miss with it, some people will be the first to tell you where you went wrong but do they have the courage to tell you where you went well?

This political element of junior sport is alive in every club, give it a rest and lets move on.

Reply #89134 | Report this post

Smith  
Years ago

Anon 89130

I think you need to read the post properly. It says the biggest Club in the South Of Adelaide.

Not South Australia.

Reply #89157 | Report this post

Phizzer  
Years ago

#89130, isn't North one of the largest also? I though they were larger than Norwood?

Reply #89178 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Smith, The biggest South of Adelaide? So where is South of Adelaide because Forestville and Sturt are South of adelaide and they are bigger. If you consider the Southern suburbs as South of Adelaide then you are the only ones there so of course you are bigger. Good luck at trying to get anyone there after the way you have treated people over the last 18 months.

Reply #89234 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

Funny how anything to do with Southern always turns up the disenchanted and maligned to pour out their stories of being badly dealt with and how the club is falling apart. Ive only looked at this site for about 6 months but the mis-information and general crap written about my club goes way beyond simple sniping. Why cant the club merely advertise, just as Eagles have, and people can make up their own minds if they want to contact the club or not? Its a shame that people like Booga (nice name) cant just butt out and as so many posts before have pointed out, there are always 2 sides to any story and the truth seems to be the victim. I am happy the way the club is planning for the future and I know that the results of the State Champs are a good base on which we can build. All clubs have their problems but it seems there are many armchair critics who bust a gut to have a go at Southern. With all the important changes going on with Basketball at the moment maybe we should all be hoping the future is brighter for ALL of our clubs.

Reply #89275 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I dont see any "victims" here 89275, just people expressing their opinion as they are entitled to do on a public forum.

Maybe the F/Ville people havent responded because they have a touch more class and fewer bad stories come out because they get dealt with better "in house".

Reply #89278 | Report this post

he he  
Years ago

Anon 89278

Just comparing number of visits to the Southern Trials topic (447)and Forestvlle Trials topic (280)

A lot more interest in the Southern Trials!!

Can't be all bad down there.

The longer you guys debate the virtues the longer it stays as a recent topic and the more coverage they get.

Excellent!!

Reply #89284 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Maybe its hard to keep things "in house" when others delight in spreading stories they think they know about. Nice generalisation about class too, bet there are people in every club that know nothing about acting with class and dignity. Just another comment that really shows that some people only want to put down Southern and lump all involved in the same group. Quite a slap in the face to a great deal of people there that really care about the kids and the direction of the club. But as Ive said that seems to be the norm on this forum and far be it for me to stifle opinion, just wish people would deal with facts more. Awaiting another missile !!! Lucky I have broad shoulders.

Reply #89286 | Report this post

BC  
Years ago

You wankers should just move on. You are obviously not wanted at southern and have gone to other clubs. Stop bitching and get a life. Clubs are always bigger then the individual no matter which club we are talking about.

Reply #89304 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Its just funny that it takes no bait on the hook to get bites from people who have an opinion about Southern.

Reply #89306 | Report this post

BORRRIINGG  
Years ago

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
same old, same old

At the end of the day people are we not here for the kids.

Reply #89315 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes boorings, Southern are there for their kids, the committees kids.

Reply #89319 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I don't think too many of the committees kids play.

Reply #89321 | Report this post

ITA  
Years ago

BORRRIINGG, at the end of the day, there is always night :D

Reply #89323 | Report this post

Axe man  
Years ago

Cheez, put up a southern post and watch the s*^t hit the fan.

So they are advertising their trials, SO WHAT. I guess all the knockers out there would also hammer them for NOT advertising their trials.

This Southern bashing was entertaining ...........ONCE.

Reply #89364 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why is it that it's really only Southern that has this sort of thing happen to all their posts? Have they really got/left behind that many disgruntled people?

Reply #89370 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Get the facts straight post 89319, you will be surprised that there are very few committee people whose children are playing juniors and most are in lower divs. We ARE looking out for the future of ALL children at the club. Let us get on with it and try getting on with your life without sniping about things you know nothing about.

Reply #89380 | Report this post

Vadersmate  
Years ago

Why dont we just rename all junior posts under the heading of Southern bashing. Have they painted a 50ft target on the stadium or somthing?

Reply #89517 | Report this post

Thread locked

This thread has been locked and replies are not permitted.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:01 am, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754