Isaac
Years ago

Crocs sign import - Jelani Gardner

Full Name: Jelani Gardner
Position: Guard
Height/Weight: 6-4 / 205
Birthdate: December 26, 1975
High School: St. John Bosco HS (West Covina, CA)
College: Pepperdine
Looks like he got past a bit of a medical issue on the way:
Jelani Gardner never feared defenders as much as the blood tests that might come with being invited to a tryout camp. He always hoped it would be a cursory physical evaluation, a once-over of his body and then game time. If they checked his blood or tested his urine, he knew he would be told to go home. Gardner had progressive kidney disease, but he was trying to hang on to his basketball career as long as he could. "It was a tough time in my life," says Gardner, a 1994 All-USA player. "I didn't know how to handle it. I could play at a high level even though I was sick, but it was tough. Finally, I had to do something because my (blood) numbers were up."
More on NBL.com.au

Topic #7970 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

Also, a rumour that Tucker and Thomas are no guarantee to suit for the Tigers this season.

And Dickel is likely to be rested for Game 4 of the AU/NZ series.

Reply #89099 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Whats the story on Tucker and Thomas. Would they not be suiting cause they wanna go elsewhere or they are being sacked?

As long as Tucker plays for someone in the NBL (not Adelaide tho) I'll be a happy man.

Reply #89104 | Report this post

Skyhook  
Years ago

david bailey must have known his blood numbers would be "high" too ??

;p

Reply #89106 | Report this post

Phizzer  
Years ago

Pepperdine College, nice. Anyone else remember Damon Lopez from Pepperdine playing against Michigan's Fab Five and nailing about 6 three's and after each made shot, would lick his hand, wipe the dust from the soles of his shoe and run back on defence? One of the few NCAA games shown on Aussie TV.

Last I heard Damon was assistant coach to his Dad at some 2nd or 3rd Division college.

Ah, memories when basketball was number one. NBA Action on Saturday afternoons, Jordan at peak, basketball cards were an investment for your future, every training on Sunday you'd be trying to emulate something you saw on Courtside Countdown.....

Reply #89139 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:10 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754