Ricey
Years ago

2 on 2 comp (summer)

hey everyone. just thought id see what the reaction would be like from everyone if i was to organise some kind of 2 on 2 comp to be held at the bay, or somewhere around there this summer. think of the old Dr Pepper comp that was held. im looking to do something like that, have got people ready and willing to help me organise the event. would be over a weekend, or 2 depending on numbers of teams entered. everyone gets a reversible or shirt of some sort, DJ playing music all day.
if anyone would is interested in financially supporting via their own bussiness or know anyone who is, and can think of some places we could hold it let me know.
isaac your help would b great for this. thanks

email to: [email protected]

Topic #7972 | Report this topic

Ricey  
Years ago

if anyone would be****... not would is lol

Reply #89119 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

it needs to be at least 3 on 3. streetball style.

Reply #89154 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I agree, 3 on 3.

Reply #89160 | Report this post

Years ago

This is the kind of thing the South Australian government needs to either develop the City Sk8 court for, or build an outdoor court near the beach at Glenelg. Great idea Ricey, definitely should get some interest

Reply #89171 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

yea... i spoke last year to people at bay about putting courts there, but they said would need lots of interest from residents and others, and said they hadn't had any, as it is an elderly area to live in, as you can all imagine.
reason i said 2 on 2, is because we already have that And 1 rubbish here once a year, need something different and that has worked before. refer to oldschool dr pepper comp from way back. 3 on 3 is possible for future, i was just thinkin of having more teams and trying to make the tournament decent for first year, instead of having lots of teams with couple of decent teams. would want to make it something that people will come and actually watch. think of White Men Can't Jump, the tournament in that is what im thinking of.
possibly have previous knockout rounds a few weeks before to cut down on rounds to be played on the 'finals' weekend.
as i said, would depend on genuine interest from players, companies, government, and other people. if anyone is keen to help me out with this, or has some contacts that may be useful let me know. email is on first post.

Reply #89185 | Report this post

52-Cans  
Years ago

Aaron, how bout hiring out Wayville or Trinity Church?

Reply #89194 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

You can have it in my backyard. I'll even stoke up the BBQ and give the bath a clean to put the drinks in. The new Basketball ring needs a good workout.

Seriously tho, I'd love to see something like that. I'd probably pass on competing but would love to be involved somehow. If the ball starts rolling and ya need a hand, sing out.

Reply #89288 | Report this post

The Awnser  
Years ago

Sounds like a great idea,I know plenty of guys who would love to get involved in this type of thing.Its also a great chance to get basketball into the public eye.There could even be like a few div's so that people who just want to have fun can do so without looking stupid

Reply #89308 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

yea trinity and wayville are good ideas with one big problem... exposure. If held at brighton high outdoor courts or bay or something, then i would be able to offer great spot for a bussiness to be seen. With banners and what not. Means i can get better financial aid from them. I'm going to go speak to council members at glenelg about helping out and what their thoughts are on the whole idea, hopefully sometime in next 2 weeks.

Reply #89311 | Report this post

Take Luck  
Years ago

yeah 3 on 3 down the bay would be pretty sweet

Reply #89332 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

if you could find an area big enough you could have a temparary court that was just lines painted on the concret/pavers and a couple of ring put up. that way there wouldnt need to be as much finance from the council and you could get a area with more exposure

Reply #89339 | Report this post

bully  
Years ago

great idea ricey, i know that if it does happen ill be getting a mate to play in ikt and i might be able to find a couple of businesses to help u out with it. finally something helpful comes off hoops ( no offense to the posters who r on here evryday who do say useful stuff).

Reply #89349 | Report this post

Years ago

Another idea for location is the outdoor courts in the south parklands, coming into the city on Glen Osmond Road. They're next to a playground, if people don't know where I mean. They are in alright condition, but rarely seem to get used, probably because parking is a bit difficult sometimes. Would be great exposure for advertising signage etc, because it's one of the major roads into the city from the Eastern suburbs.

Reply #89355 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

sweet idea there 3... you know how many rings or courts r there? would be good to have atleast 6 half courts... and room for spectators, like a lil stand of something.

Reply #89357 | Report this post

The Awnser  
Years ago

Ricey mate,You are on to something here mate,I think this is one of the best ideas i have heard for a while,this is a great chance for exposure for our great game and is a chance for all ages and level of talent to get involved.

Reply #89388 | Report this post

MARS Sporting Complex is holding one.
3on3 all day. DJs, AND1 prizes, AND1 reversible tops for all players, 36ERS appearances in conjunction with the Brett Maher Basketball Camp. There will be TV and radio presence and all the trimmings. Second week of January.

For more information or registration of interest, contact MARS.

Sap

Reply #89404 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

sweet... but mine shall be better lol not going to be some chump event with and 1 wanabe rubbish... im trying to get real basketball back in peoples eyes... not that 3 steps aint a travel stuff lol... guess more events the better anyways

Reply #89416 | Report this post

Years ago

I think there's 2 full courts there in the south parklands spot, not exactly certain.

Reply #89446 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:03 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754