Hoop Addict
Years ago

Kevin Brophy killed in car accident

In terribly sad news, ex-Victoria Metro guard Kevin Brophy has been tragically killed in a car accident in Georgia.

Details on Real GM

Brophy was a Bulleen junior and made various Vic Metro state sides in his junior career, the last being in 2002 when his U18's took out the gold.

Topic #7990 | Report this topic

Tyson  
Years ago

I was involved with Kevin as a coach in the golden era of Vic Metro basketball . As a player he worked hard and never gave an inch, could shoot the absolute lights out !!! He played with the likes of Brad Robbins, Oliver Mansoor, Dwayne Campbell. Daniel Dillon, Ben Allen,David Fanning, Tom Burns etc..

As a person, he was a great kid, never whined or complained, just a quality person who had a smile for everyone including opposition players.

A Very, Very sad day for Vic basketball and in general.

Sadly missed.

Reply #89443 | Report this post

Ez  
Years ago

I was only recently informed about this news myself. I was fortunate enough to know Kev and spent time with him during our junior years and spent time with him on my visits to Melb. Kev was such a great guy, that was loved by all. You couldn't fault him as a person. He will be definately missed and it just goes to show that noone is gaurenteed tomorrow. We should all be thankful for everyone we have around us today and be forever grateful, just as I am to have know such a top guy. You will be greatly missed Kev xx

Reply #89470 | Report this post

Libertine  
Years ago

One of the best 3pt shooters I've ever played against, in his time from the Tigers and then on to Bulleen. A sad loss.

Reply #89480 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

?

Reply #503594 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:28 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754