Years ago

Woodville vs South

WOMEN

South 71 d Woodville 56

South Kelson 20 & 19, Browne 17 & 8, Henderson 13

Woodville : Sidebottom 15, Breavington 9, Jenkins 9

MEN

Woodville 112 d South 68

Woodville : Wilson 32, 11 & 7 assists, Mapunda 20, Birmingham 17, Reeves 10 & 11.

South: Smith 14 & 10, Scanlon 13, Kosmider 11.

Topic #7998 | Report this topic

damrob  
Years ago

Photos are now online for both games at the Dome.

Direct link

http://www.damrob.com.au/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=14396

Reply #89492 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

John Lawrence starring in the photos

Reply #89493 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Some South supporters showed real sportsmanship by clapping missed foul shots. Maybe these bottle blond ladies should learn some manners.

Reply #89495 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So are you (#89495) going to bag 36ers supporters this year when they do that to the visting teams.
Thats part of professional sport.

Reply #89496 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

blond? they would like to be blond! I think it comes from a bottle.

Reply #89497 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

(#89496) If applauding opposition missed foul shots is part of professional sport then it is indeed a sad reflection of where sportsmanship has come to.

Reply #89499 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

nobody from Woodville should speak of sportmanship when the antics of their men's coach leaves a lot to be desired - ask the Sturt volunteers what they think of his sportmanship and professionalism.

then be the first one to cast a stone!

Reply #89501 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I wonder how much Damrob paid John Lawrence to let them publish his photo?

Reply #89509 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

A premiership at least!

Reply #89512 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

(#89509) John Lawrence does say he's part of team doesn't he?

Reply #89516 | Report this post

annoymous  
Years ago

or kicking chairs

Reply #89543 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

get off the john lawrence issue - some of you people need to develop interests in other areas eg support your club and do something positive

Reply #89549 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

(Mod: Boring. No more talking about John Lawrence please.)

Reply #89557 | Report this post

lockstock  
Years ago

Any comments on what was the MASSIVE turnaround between the 2 mens teams from the last 2 games (other than Scans not scoring 40 something)?

Reply #89579 | Report this post

TytsMagee  
Years ago

woodville must have shot at a pretty decent %. South couldn't buy one in the second

Woodville also play much better with their tails up. But they are coming right at the pointy end of the season

Reply #89581 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

woodville are finally playing the type of basketball that won them the premiership last year.

Reply #89612 | Report this post

Mulva  
Years ago

I think you'll find Scanlon wasn't even suppose to play due to his injury last week. That was probably the difference between this one and the other two.

Reply #89895 | Report this post

Sounds like an excuse (coming from a south fan?) Scanlon got about 3 open shots all night, 2 of which being layups. That's why he didn't play well, woodville's defense was too suffocating.

Reply #89995 | Report this post

rabbit  
Years ago

i think that is the point gorilla man, he did not get open because he could barely run, let alone sprint and change direction to get open. woodville doing a good job on scanlon is just unheard of....46 and 51 ring any bells??

Reply #90055 | Report this post

and the fact woodville changed their defense on him so he couldn't get open certainly helped

Reply #90131 | Report this post

rabbit  
Years ago

what?? you did not think to change your defence in any of the previous 96 minutes when he torched you for 97 points??? please ELG, use your common sense, the guy was injured....what was this magical defence that you invented??

Reply #90134 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

this reminds me of a topic about panthers vs eagles a couple of weeks ago..

Reply #90143 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

makeing excuses for scanlon......how supprising. Stop posting your own excuses mate...Shame we didnt see the guns this time round! Your weak scanlon.......and overrated to boot!!

Reply #90212 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Can we please stop firing up South the day before they play Sturt! I'm second guessing my tips already...

Reply #90214 | Report this post

Lloyd Braun  
Years ago

No excuses needed, he suited, he was fine to play, Woodville were too good, Just for your info Anon Rabbit is from a rival club so pipe down chuchee and next time you call someone weak, put your name to it or tell him in person you gutless tool!

Reply #90223 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:36 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754